6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT x4 uploading trouble

I read in some other forums that people have recently had trouble uploading custom tunes to there trucks with the SCT devices, has anyone uploaded or recently installed custom tunes with a SCT device? Want to know before I purchase $350 worth of custom tunes for my x4. I heard it may have to do with the EPA coming down on a lot of companies including derive systems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
I've had problems with my x4. Just last week I changed to a tow tune to tow a heavy load. It loaded fine, no hiccups. Next day I went to load the performance file back and it stopped half way, give me an error message and told me to load the stock file. But it wouldn't load it. Truck was dead, wouldn't do anything but give error messages even I turned the switch on. About 2 hours in the phone with SCT finally got it fixed. They had to take over my computer with the x4 connected and basically ended up reloading a stock file to it and checking it for corrupted files. Re loaded the stock file. Then had to re load my custom file because I'm deleted. My breath was held the whole time I think while it loaded. This has happened to me twice. If anyone knows why that'd be awesome. SCT says they don't know why this is happening. Some how the files are getting corrupted randomly. I never hooked it up to a computer or updated between switching tunes.
If I had it to do over I wouldn't use an SCT. Would probably go ez lynk. I have a 2012

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
05 250. Lariet. 4x4.
arp studs w/oem gaskets & all updates
Warren 175cc/stock sticks
Egr delete
Zoodad
New oil cooler
Coolant filter w/ zerex ec-1(homemade)
4" turbo back, straight piped
SCT livewire (running TSD SPD)
KC Turbos 1.5
Blue spring upgrade
riff raff boots
Ccv reroute (dump to atmosphere)
Air Horn Kit
high idle
Pro comp "bullet hole style" 17" w/ 35" nitto trail grapplers
Old 07-07-2019, 06:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have a 06 F350 6.0 and use the SCT X4. I have some custom tunes loaded that i purchased also. I have noticed lately that sometimes switching from one tune to another that I get a error message that says to load stock tune file. I then try to load it and I get same message again. If I unplug the X4 then plug it in again it will load the stock tune. Then I can load the tune change. I update mine on there web site every 4 months or so. Not sure if maybe that was the cause of it acting up now and again. I also tried to load the performance canned tune but it wouldn't let me keep the EGR delete working so the engine light stayed on. I also got the trouble codes for the EGR. I had to stick with the canned tunes loaded to get it to work with my EGR delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2019, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I loaded my tyrant tunes on my 11 a month ago and had no problems. I was concerned so i contactcted who i bought tune from. He said thers no problems with loading custom tunes thru the sctx4
Old 07-07-2019, 06:47 AM
BBBRRRRRTTTTT

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
EPA came down on SCT and their tuning. So if you are going to use the preloaded SCT. Canned tunes, they are EPA friendly.

You can use the SCT as a platform for custom tuning still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 F-250 Super Crew XLT 6.7L
2007 F-250 Super Cab XL 6.0L (sold)

C-A-P-S CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!
Old 10-22-2019, 04:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I switched tunes last night although I really just wanted to lower the tpms. I couldn't get to the prompts for that without going into tune vehicle. Switched to a street tune changed the tpms and all the loading seemed to go fine took a little while though. No errors thankfully. But the tpms came on right away and now two of them are reading wrong.
Seeing you guys having loading issues worries me. Mine did the put back to stock dead truck scare once but worked itself out doing the load again.
If that were to happen again hows there support going to be with all this crap going on?
Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can lower TPMS with an SCT?.....news to me. Why don't you just use forscan to do that, you won't have to mess with tuning at all.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
Old 10-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I didn't know you could!! Dont know much about forscan. I briefly read a thread about using it to monitor using a little tablet. I would like to see egt's, oil pressure and trans temp.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,116 Times in 2,024 Posts
Mentioned: 430 Post(s)
Quoted: 3125 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you boys are playing with fire, this is how they get you to install updates to solve issues.

Then TPMS turns into a bricked tuner and a dealer reflash.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
Old 10-22-2019, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Should be able to with forscan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
you boys are playing with fire, this is how they get you to install updates to solve issues.

Then TPMS turns into a bricked tuner and a dealer reflash.
Imo, I'd rather get a deplete tune anyways vs running the older ourltdated sct software. But maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1994 F350 7.3 PSD 4X4 ZF5 DUALLY
PHP HYDRA, 6637, 3-4 DP TO STRAIGHT 4 BEHIND THE TIRE, 1.0 EXHAUST HOUSING, DIY D66 TURBO, FUGA E-FUEL, EBPV DELETE. Cooper discoverer AT/3'S.

2010 VW JETTA TDI DSG Kerma tune. Hankook ventus v2 concept 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in