LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 Old 05-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SCT X4 problems

I still think the tuner is tied to the other truck. I I know you said you couldnít get SCT to answer, but they are your best bet.

Are these the numbers you tried?
407-774-2447
1-866-637-1672

The hours are 10am to 4pm EST.

And just for the record, if something happens to your stock file, you can call SCT and they will send you another one. Youíll just plug your tuner in and download the new stock file. You donít have to involve the dealer.

So strong is Tradition that later generations will dream of what they have never seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old King Coal For This Useful Post:
williamrheawe (05-02-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 05-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old King Coal View Post
I still think the tuner is tied to the other truck. I I know you said you couldnít get SCT to answer, but they are your best bet.

Are these the numbers you tried?
407-774-2447
1-866-637-1672

The hours are 10am to 4pm EST.

And just for the record, if something happens to your stock file, you can call SCT and they will send you another one. Youíll just plug your tuner in and download the new stock file. You donít have to involve the dealer.

Guess I missed where he said he did attempt to contact them. That's good to know SCT can provide a stock tune. That make me feel better. Thanks for the tip.

Dave

2006 F-350 6.0L CC LWB 2WD SRW (stock)
SCT X4 tuner w/ 50HP tow tune
Glowshift Maxtow EGT gauge
Tow a 10.3K LB 5th wheel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocker66 For This Useful Post:
post #13 of 16 Old 05-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker66 View Post
Guess I missed where he said he did attempt to contact them. That's good to know SCT can provide a stock tune. That make me feel better. Thanks for the tip.

Dave

It was edited after he thought he had it fixed. Iíd hoped he was able to get a hold of them.

SCT can do some real magic. I knocked my cable loose when I was trying to marry mine for the first time. I ended up having to pull my ECM and TCM and ship it to them but it only cost me shipping one way and I had it back in a week or so. During that week Florida was hit with a hurricane. It was pretty close to where SCT was located, and they still had a great turn around time.

I was really impressed with them so they always get recommended by me.

So strong is Tradition that later generations will dream of what they have never seen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old King Coal For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
What a pain! Have you tried tuning it with one of the canned tunes? Also, is it possible your current truck has a tune already? Or, even if it did, would the X4 just see that as the "stock" tune and download it to store? It does make me a bit uncomfortable that our stock tunes are stored in the X4 and if anything happens to it, you're stuck going to a dealer to have it returned to stock. It's too bad there isn't a way to download the stock tune to your pc to be stored on a stick, hdd and 50 other places just in case something were to ever happen. It seems that since you can upload custom tunes to it, it could easily have the capability of the reverse like any other USB device.

Hope you get it resolved soon. Have you contacted SCT to see if they have any ideas?

Dave
yes i have called SCT they will not pick up that's why i'm here. i have not tried to mess with the "stock tune" because it has "weight reduction". i have no clue what tune it even is. once i downloaded the tunes to the tuner it married the tuner it was unmarried before then i cannot tell you how in the flying **** that happens.

have not used canned tunes because of "weight reduction"

i've stayed with the same tuning company since my 6.0 so i do not see why this is happening Preloaded Tune - 51 - FGDH3S6*

tuner info for any body who knows Preloaded Tune - 51 - FGDH3S6* and it stole one of my ******* unlock

UPDATE: all the problems were fixed apparently someone was playing with the demo mode and that married the tuner to a mythical gt500. so i returned said mythical gt500 to stock and that fixed it

but dang that tow tune moves and gets 17+ mpg thank you all for the help

2004 F-250
deleted,turbo,tunes, toyo 33's
SOLD

2011 f-450 DRW
Weight Reduction and tunes 400-500 hp

Last edited by williamrheawe; 05-02-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: problem fixed
post #15 of 16 Old 05-03-2019, 05:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamrheawe View Post
yes i have called SCT they will not pick up that's why i'm here. i have not tried to mess with the "stock tune" because it has "weight reduction". i have no clue what tune it even is. once i downloaded the tunes to the tuner it married the tuner it was unmarried before then i cannot tell you how in the flying **** that happens.

have not used canned tunes because of "weight reduction"

i've stayed with the same tuning company since my 6.0 so i do not see why this is happening Preloaded Tune - 51 - FGDH3S6*

tuner info for any body who knows Preloaded Tune - 51 - FGDH3S6* and it stole one of my ******* unlock

UPDATE: all the problems were fixed apparently someone was playing with the demo mode and that married the tuner to a mythical gt500. so i returned said mythical gt500 to stock and that fixed it

but dang that tow tune moves and gets 17+ mpg thank you all for the help

That's awesome! And good to know. How frustrating but at least you don't have to rip anything out.

Yeah I love the tow tune. I have seen 21 at best. But, that is being really conservative and not very realistic on a normal day. 17-18 is typical on mine on a nice hwy trip. I couldn't be happier.

Dave

2006 F-350 6.0L CC LWB 2WD SRW (stock)
SCT X4 tuner w/ 50HP tow tune
Glowshift Maxtow EGT gauge
Tow a 10.3K LB 5th wheel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocker66 For This Useful Post:
williamrheawe (05-03-2019)
post #16 of 16 Old 05-03-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That's awesome! And good to know. How frustrating but at least you don't have to rip anything out.

Yeah I love the tow tune. I have seen 21 at best. But, that is being really conservative and not very realistic on a normal day. 17-18 is typical on mine on a nice hwy trip. I couldn't be happier.

Dave

2004 F-250
deleted,turbo,tunes, toyo 33's
SOLD

2011 f-450 DRW
Weight Reduction and tunes 400-500 hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode