LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-22-2019, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT X4 to EZ LYNK Questions

What's the biggest differences between these two tuners? I am not going to do SOTF so is it worth me upgrading from the X4? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-22-2019, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ez Lynk will potentially do SOTF as long as you have the box (cloud) plugged into your OBD ll port and you have a device connected to wifi. The ez lynk is WAY more advanced in monitoring than the x4. If you want to monitor your temps then the ez lynk is probably the way to go. If you want to just flash and go then the sct is a great device for that and is very versatile imo (you can also get an edge cts2 to monitor with either device). Now i am not sure about this, but dp-tuner recently told me that the SCT devices no longer support the uploading of custom tunes that delete emissions (dpf and egr systems) which supposedly comes in the new updates beginning in February. I wouldnt want anyone to purchase one without knowing the device is no longer delete compatible. I am still researching on this myself as plan to delete in the next few months but I already bought an x4 back in December but i updated it a couple weeks ago, so if what I’ve heard is true, my device will be up for sale.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 06:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
The downside to the EZ-Lynk, which nobody talks about, is that it operates through wifi. If you plan to use your EDC phone as a monitor, you cannot use cell services like calls, texting, or Pandora at the same time. You either need a dedicated wifi connection (separate tablet or old phone), or only turn on the EZ-Lynk app when you don't need those cell services.

The EZ-Lynk app does not need to run unless you want to monitor or change your tunes. Those are the only times I turn mine on. It is very convenient for tune updates though.

The SOTF does not need wifi. It's a hard wired connection.

2016 F-250 Platinum
EZ-Lynk, PPEI Tunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 06:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce40s View Post
The downside to the EZ-Lynk, which nobody talks about, is that it operates through wifi. If you plan to use your EDC phone as a monitor, you cannot use cell services like calls, texting, or Pandora at the same time. You either need a dedicated wifi connection (separate tablet or old phone), or only turn on the EZ-Lynk app when you don't need those cell services.

The EZ-Lynk app does not need to run unless you want to monitor or change your tunes. Those are the only times I turn mine on. It is very convenient for tune updates though.

The SOTF does not need wifi. It's a hard wired connection.

Not true about ez-lynk, but I guess it could depend on your phone. My iPhoneX will connect via wifi and I can still have full functionality of the phone. The only thing I can't do is use the hotspot since I'm connected to a wifi device.

Kily AKA Lt. Axe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode