Been Reading for towing with Tyrant Deleted Tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Old King Coal
  • 1 Post By HeavyAssault

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Been Reading for towing with Tyrant Deleted Tunes

As it says I've been Reading for towing with Tyrant Deleted Tunes. The thread I just read through had guys saying that running, not towing, they were all pretty much running on Performance as that is where the best mileage is. One guy even said that he forgot to detune and towed his 11K with it on Performance and it did fine, taking it easy of course, just had more power when needed and better mileage. The question was if anyone had been running in "Street". Only one guy said he tried it but it was not much more power than Tow and didn't have the mileage of Performance but better than Tow.

Also - Guys were saying that it seemed sluggish and well less mileage when they were in Street VS Performance and have not used Street since, but still better than Tow on both fronts.

OK now I'm going to land this plane... SO I wonder if you can get away with towing in Performance if you take it easy can you tow in Street with the same 11K and it be better than towing in the lower Tow mode? Of course I'm asking folks that have actually done it and what the results were.

I'm asking this as I'm about to buy my tunes and I was going to go with Tow and Street - Knowing about the great Mileage on Performance I think one of my two will be Performance. And of course if Towing on Street is tried and true with Tyrant then I'd want that as well, having Street and Performance.

And BTW I have an '11 6.7 Crew-Dually

Danno
'11 F350 PSD DRW - 285/75R17 - Tow's my little Jeep.
'07 F250 PSD 5" TB, 4" lift, 35x12.5r17 EXO Grappler's, its Gone!
'82 1-Ton Scrambler, AMC 360-727 Auto, Dana 60fnt 14-B rear, 40" Extreme Mud Grapplers and some other stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Been Reading for towing with Tyrant Deleted Tunes

Where do you plan on getting your tunes? No Limit prices are $299 for each tune or you can get all 4 for $549. I personally bought all 4, and if you do you can try each out for yourself. You’d save $50 too.

If I’m not mistaken you can tow in whatever tune you want to, so long as you watch the EGTs and don’t melt it down.
HeavyAssault and joebuck like this.

Cultures grow on the vine of Tradition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah I have a place already, $349 for 2 tunes... But thank you for the tip!

Anyone that has tried what I asked about?

Danno
'11 F350 PSD DRW - 285/75R17 - Tow's my little Jeep.
'07 F250 PSD 5" TB, 4" lift, 35x12.5r17 EXO Grappler's, its Gone!
'82 1-Ton Scrambler, AMC 360-727 Auto, Dana 60fnt 14-B rear, 40" Extreme Mud Grapplers and some other stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2019, 07:27 PM
BBBRRRRRTTTTT

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 558 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What do you want out of the non towing tune. No matter what it's labeled as, if you're buying from a quality Tuner, they should be writing the tune to what you want.

Performance/ race tunes get you the best mpg if you can keep your foot out of the throttle.
Street tunes are an improvement over stock.
Stock is stock
Tow is built for towing.

2016 F-250 Super Crew XLT 6.7L
2007 F-250 Super Cab XL 6.0L (sold)

C-A-P-S CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!
post #5 of 6 Old 04-20-2019, 02:50 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 687 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Unless you are going to be towing that 11k all the time, get the two highest tunes. Performance and Street will still tow just fine, just don't drop the hammer. I'd suggest some sort of monitor to watch the temps all around.
joebuck likes this.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

post #6 of 6 Old 04-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As stated above you can tow in whatever tune you want, I know guys that tow 16-18k on all out hot tunes, they just monitor there temps. I personally wouldn’t but I have towed on performance (I was the one you mentioned above) and I would do it again if I ever forget to change tunes again, but I usually like towing in tow mode but my new hauler is 16k loaded. Just get the tunes you want and make sure you have a good mo it or to watch key temps and run it.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat/ EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5” exhaust/2.5” BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20” XD grenades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode