6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EZ Link with Tyrant tune

I'm in the market for a ez link with tyrant tune. Who is everyone getting there tyrant tune from now since Tyrant has been MIA. I see alligator performance use to carry them but i talk with Tim and he says they stop carrying his tune after he's been busy and hard to get a hold of. I see nolimitfabrication still has there tune option for the ez link but they haven't been good at replying back to me.

Anywhere else can i look for his tune?

Anyone with his tune on a 11-14 model, how much boost psi are you seeing with his extreme tune?

Also how many tunes comes with the ez link tyrant tune?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would call No limit and talk to them and get the package through them, as far as boost I haven’t ran there extreme tune just performance and I have pulled 35psi no problem getting on it with plenty more just never flat footed it but I also have the 15+ turbo swap and running the revised tunes for it, as far as tunes i think it’s a 6pack that comes with the package
post #3 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

@joebuck are you running the SOFT switch or just switching tune from your phone? I see they have a option for a monitor. Is that just a phone Monitor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 09:14 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Rudy's Diesel has ezlynk with dpf/egr upgrade tuner with GDP or PPEI tuning. That's were I got mine from with GDP tunes, sotf switch and monitor. No problems in the 8 months its been on my 2012. Don't leave the monitor on the dash in the summer like I did. The battery expanded and it separated and cracked the screen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogbody View Post
Rudy's Diesel has ezlynk with dpf/egr upgrade tuner with GDP or PPEI tuning. That's were I got mine from with GDP tunes, sotf switch and monitor. No problems in the 8 months its been on my 2012. Don't leave the monitor on the dash in the summer like I did. The battery expanded and it separated and cracked the screen.

Is the monitor just a iphone 5? How do you like the GDP tune? throttle response, tow tune vs hot tune and boost psi? is there a considerable differences between the tow and hot tune? Yes summer gets pretty bad in Oklahoma too. I don't plan on leaving the monitor on the dash all the time.
post #6 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong6.7 View Post
@joebuck are you running the SOFT switch or just switching tune from your phone? I see they have a option for a monitor. Is that just a phone Monitor?
@Phong6.7 I have the 5pos switch but donít use it I just run a the performance tune mostly then switch it to tow tune before we haul our toy hauler. As for the monitor I just use a iPhone 6 that the ear speaker stopped working on so it stays in my truck at all times as the monitor, some buy used phones or even smaller kindles as a monitor anything that will connect to a WiFi signal will work the EZ Lynk puts out its own WiFi signal to connect to.
post #7 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong6.7 View Post
Is the monitor just a iphone 5? How do you like the GDP tune? throttle response, tow tune vs hot tune and boost psi? is there a considerable differences between the tow and hot tune? Yes summer gets pretty bad in Oklahoma too. I don't plan on leaving the monitor on the dash all the time.

I think the monitor was something by google. Not worth the cost when you can use an old smartphone. I got a fire 7 tablet (kind of big but i can see whithout my glasses) for $60 off of amazon to replace my monitor that I messed up. Not much lag to speak of in the throttle department. It will break traction at 20mph. I watched my boost on my way home today under wot and was at 27psi and saw 29psi when it shifted. Had to let off because I was going 85mph in a matter of seconds. Very noticeable difference between tow and hot using the sotf switch. Once itís programmed you just use the sotf switch for different levels of power. This is my work/play truck so I keep it on level 3 which I think is 100hp and switch to level 2 for towing.

post #8 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 04:10 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,047 Times in 976 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2515 Post(s)
Garage
SOTF switches simply de-tune (defuel) the high level tune. You only run one tune, the switch just pulls fuel at lower levels. It's probably fine, but I worry about timing advance and such when towing heavy, so I chose to stick with individual tunes.
joebuck likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #9 of 43 Old 01-22-2019, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I ordered an Ez Lynk with Tyrant tunes for my 2014 today. Iíll let you know how it works out.
post #10 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
I ordered an Ez Lynk with Tyrant tunes for my 2014 today. Iíll let you know how it works out.
You wonít be disappointed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode