LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 Old 01-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong6.7 View Post
Did you have someone else tune on before or just stock and now delete with Tyrant tune?
I did a full deleted about 1 1/2 yrs ago and went with the H&S Mini Maxx and canned tunes...whenever EZ LYNK was just barely on the market at the time. I REALLY wish I would have just gone with it, but I was a little scared of something that new. The Tyrant tunes make the canned H&S tunes look really bad!! I really like everything about the new tunes.

I do wish someone who really knows would explain how the SOTF really works...what it actually does.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 02-26-2019, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Does anyone know if the ezlink will be able to save my current tow tune i have? The truck was delete and tune before i purchase it and it didn't come with a tuner. I wondering if i can use my current tune with the ez link with a hot tune.
post #33 of 43 Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong6.7 View Post
Does anyone know if the ezlink will be able to save my current tow tune i have? The truck was delete and tune before i purchase it and it didn't come with a tuner. I wondering if i can use my current tune with the ez link with a hot tune.
I know most any tuner backs up and saves the original stock tune on a truck when you go from stock to tuning with deletes. I am not sure if they will do it with a tune already loaded, although one would think they are the same. You would have to contact your tuner of choice and ask them.

At the very least, I would think you would be able to install the Ez-Lynk and data log the current tow tune you are talking about. You could then wirelessly send that information or "profile" off to your tuner and they could replicate it and send it back to your Ez-Lynk unit. Odds are though, the tow tune that you get from Tyrant or GDP is going to better then the one you already have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 Old 02-26-2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED902 View Post
I know most any tuner backs up and saves the original stock tune on a truck when you go from stock to tuning with deletes. I am not sure if they will do it with a tune already loaded, although one would think they are the same. You would have to contact your tuner of choice and ask them.

At the very least, I would think you would be able to install the Ez-Lynk and data log the current tow tune you are talking about. You could then wirelessly send that information or "profile" off to your tuner and they could replicate it and send it back to your Ez-Lynk unit. Odds are though, the tow tune that you get from Tyrant or GDP is going to better then the one you already have.
I was thinking the same thing that since it save the factory map before putting the deleted tunes on. I'm sure the tyrant tune will be a lot better than what i have now but i was just trying to find a way to save a few bucks. Also i don't feel the need to run a bunch of different tune. A tow and hot tune will be enough for me.
post #35 of 43 Old 04-22-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

I just order my EZ-Link today with Tyrant tune. I hope i don't regret this tune over my current one. I will update with my review.
post #36 of 43 Old 05-10-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Question for anyone running the tyrant tune and is on a 11-14 model. What boost level are you seeing? My truck on the SOTF 0-155hp and 0-165hp smokey tune only sees 26psi. I would think its a little more. I even try lower setting and notice same boost level but you can tell it pulls weaker. i'm thinking that's because of less fuel and timing.
post #37 of 43 Old 05-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My truck would hit 28-29 on it.
post #38 of 43 Old 05-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am running a tyrant street tune - i see 26-28 as well

I found a good thread on a different forum stating that 28 was the max tuners were typically allowing on the 11-14 trucks due to the turbo limitations.
post #39 of 43 Old 05-10-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

@jman37 and Cmunsell.
I guess mine is around right than. My vendor did say that's where they want it to be only because of the limitation of the turbo.

I notice my mid range isn't as good as my last tune. I don't know if i just have to get use to the new tune or what about i have try different setting and on the SOTF level 2 being a tow tune. Compare that to my last tune. I kinda like my old tow tune better. I'm not completely sold yet on the level 2 tune. I feel the truck is holding 4th gear too long for daily driving. On my old tune. The truck shifts perfectly and smooth threw all gear without holding any gear. I like that more. When i do turn on tow/haul mode. The truck will hold gear longer for better power and down shift gear to slow down the truck. On the Tyrant tune with tow/haul mode. i barely notice a different than without it on.
post #40 of 43 Old 05-10-2019, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Have you guys have any luck with your vendor replying back to you threw the ezlink? I have message my vendor threw ez link with no response back. I was e-mailing them by personal e-mail but they have stop replying back to me also after saying they will send me a revise map/file. It's been about two week and i sent them a check up e-mail and still no reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode