LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 05:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
I ordered an Ez Lynk with Tyrant tunes for my 2014 today. Iíll let you know how it works out.
Where did you end up purchasing from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
No Limit. It should be here next week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Llama For This Useful Post:
RedneckRebelVol (01-23-2019)
post #13 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogbody View Post
I think the monitor was something by google. Not worth the cost when you can use an old smartphone. I got a fire 7 tablet (kind of big but i can see whithout my glasses) for $60 off of amazon to replace my monitor that I messed up. Not much lag to speak of in the throttle department. It will break traction at 20mph. I watched my boost on my way home today under wot and was at 27psi and saw 29psi when it shifted. Had to let off because I was going 85mph in a matter of seconds. Very noticeable difference between tow and hot using the sotf switch. Once itís programmed you just use the sotf switch for different levels of power. This is my work/play truck so I keep it on level 3 which I think is 100hp and switch to level 2 for towing.
Thats good to know. I have spare phone laying around i can use. Sounds like that tune is working pretty good. I have my 5 inches exhaust coming in and i'm about to order a knock off no limit stage 2 intake. It use the same filter as the no limit and it coated to different color to match the truck and cost about 200 only.

how does the trans shifts and do you notice a different in the trans shifting when you chose a different power level?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
SOTF switches simply de-tune (defuel) the high level tune. You only run one tune, the switch just pulls fuel at lower levels. It's probably fine, but I worry about timing advance and such when towing heavy, so I chose to stick with individual tunes.
so your saying its just defuel on different power level but the boost psi and timing stays the same?
post #15 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama View Post
I ordered an Ez Lynk with Tyrant tunes for my 2014 today. Iíll let you know how it works out.
Please do, whats done on your truck? Also did you just purchase threw no limit or you call in and talk with someone?
post #16 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,056 Times in 985 Posts
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong6.7 View Post
so your saying its just defuel on different power level but the boost psi and timing stays the same?
More or less, that's what I'm saying. I'm no expert on tuning the 6.7 or any other engine, but the since the tunes are loaded into the PCM (and that takes time) my logic says that all the switch does is affect the fuel pressure on a given setting. I may be oversimplifying it and I may be completely wrong. It would be great if one of the real tuners would explain it in depth.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #17 of 43 Old 01-23-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
More or less, that's what I'm saying. I'm no expert on tuning the 6.7 or any other engine, but the since the tunes are loaded into the PCM (and that takes time) my logic says that all the switch does is affect the fuel pressure on a given setting. I may be oversimplifying it and I may be completely wrong. It would be great if one of the real tuners would explain it in depth.
Yeah coming from the import world with turbocharge and tuning on the dyno with full standalone. It doesn't sound too good if the switch is just detuning the fuel and not a actual new map per setting.
post #18 of 43 Old 01-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah coming from the import world with turbocharge and tuning on the dyno with full standalone. It doesn't sound too good if the switch is just detuning the fuel and not a actual new map per setting.

Call & talk to NL. Theyíll answer your questions & get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rspeer For This Useful Post:
Phong6.7 (01-25-2019)
post #19 of 43 Old 01-25-2019, 04:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
You're talking about totally different things. The difference is with a full dyno tune is adjusting every parameter you can to squeeze out as much as you can without breaking it. The SOTF tunes are designed for max performance (if you buy up to that level) and with the switch, simply cuts fuel, timing and boost. So yes, they are safe, and are not changing the entire map of the truck on the fly, that would be ridiculous. This is my take on them, I could be wrong on it.

I personally don't care for them though, I don't really believe in them. Haven't been in a 6.7 with them, but my friend had an 06 LBZ with PPEI SOTF tunes, and I couldn't tell a difference when the switch was on 3, or 5. Only thing I could tell when it was on 5 is that it didn't have enough fuel which on a Dmax is a common problem with HP tunes.

Last edited by jman37; 01-25-2019 at 06:58 AM.
post #20 of 43 Old 01-25-2019, 06:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
The SOTF tunes are designed for max performance (if you buy up to that level) and with the switch, simply cuts fuel, timing and boost. So yes, they are safe, and are not changing the entire map of the truck on the fly, that would be ridiculous.
So with that in mind, when you are on a "single" tune (like the tow/brake), does it matter which position the switch is in?

I just got the EZLYNK with the Tyrant tunes, so still playing with the different levels using the SOTF switch, so can't comment yet on being able to tell the dif. I started on 2 and switched to 3 now. That seems like a good level so far.

The tow/brake tune if freakin' awesome for towing my 16K lbs 5th wheel!! Love it!!

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode