LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 01-16-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
That's your opinion on it. I have no complaints about mine. It sounds like it could also be a little on your end as well....you're on your 2nd device with the EXACT same problem? That I find unlikely.
It’s not the exact same problem, the first one worked fine minus being able to store tunes, second one tripped BCM codes and caused issues, they were able to upload the tunes in it but it was unable to load them without stating defective files. Being returned for a third under warranty soon.
Other people I’ve talked to also said they were never able to load canned tunes but they could load custom tunes. And a few people seem to have zero issues what so ever, SCT states that they’re still debugging them and there might be bad batches out there. Either way hopefully the next is wonderful and I can say how much I love them. They make a good monitor and I really like the new updated screens so it’s bit all bad I’m just frustrated with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 01-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's very random how there seems to be a bad batch out there then, too bad they can't identify the bad serial numbers of them and see where they went to pull them back.
post #33 of 39 Old 01-16-2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
That's very random how there seems to be a bad batch out there then, too bad they can't identify the bad serial numbers of them and see where they went to pull them back.
I sure hope that’s all it is. The whole tunes thing appears to be a not so uncommon issue though if you follow any of the 6.7 Facebook groups. But most people intend on running custom tunes anyways so it’s really not that big of a deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 01-17-2019, 03:52 AM

Garage
Personally I wouldn't run the canned tunes anyways, you're better sticking on the stock file, or getting a DPF on tune.
post #35 of 39 Old 01-17-2019, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
That's your opinion on it. I have no complaints about mine. It sounds like it could also be a little on your end as well....you're on your 2nd device with the EXACT same problem? That I find unlikely.

Mine is in a 6.4 or was I should say, I have yet to find anyone using a GTX in a 6.4 with good results. Ect doesnít read, only oil temp which is off according to mini max unit, no ability to read egtís at all with a custom tune, have to purchase a pyro, ebp way off and overall a pos. I went looking for one of these cause I seen a slick sales pitch and fell for it. Couldíve sent it back but I had faith in sct to get them right, the screen is real nice you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36 of 39 Old 01-17-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't run the canned tunes anyways, you're better sticking on the stock file, or getting a DPF on tune.
That’s my hope once this gets figured out, I mostly just wanted to try the canned tune when I had long daily commutes. I’ll have to get a good DPF tune for daily driving soon.
post #37 of 39 Old 01-17-2019, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not to hi-jack but why wouldn't you use canned tunes? My understanding was they were "safe"? For reference I have SCT Livewire but haven't used it for anything other than a monitor. I was looking at doing it because I have a No Limit intake that is reason I am asking. ~thanks
post #38 of 39 Old 01-17-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Lag View Post
Not to hi-jack but why wouldn't you use canned tunes? My understanding was they were "safe"? For reference I have SCT Livewire but haven't used it for anything other than a monitor. I was looking at doing it because I have a No Limit intake that is reason I am asking. ~thanks
Honestly they’re not that great, and from my understanding they’re not the greatest for the DPF system either, If you want tunes definitely go custom. The only reason I had interest in running them is because I don’t have long before my warranty expires and I delete so I’ve been trying to avoid double buying tunes, which I inevitably will have to do anyways. But I would just get some good tunes and call it a day if you’re happy with your setup, tyrant is good with 6.7’s among plenty of other options aswell
post #39 of 39 Old 01-18-2019, 04:01 AM

Garage
They're generally aggressive for a stock truck, not even for just a diesel, even their gas tunes for cars are not good either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode