6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 08-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmw077 View Post
I bought my GTX for my 2015 F350 in April, I kept getting a reoccurring check engine light, all within 2 weeks of install, contacted SCT, got a story about my computer and plugging it into the device, used a different PC and then they said I had to send it back for them to download review and return. Well I got it back and it was a brand new GTX, hooked it all back up, and there was no tunes to be able to load. Contacted them they had me try to load a stock tune that they sent, it did load, but still no other tunes, so they had me give them all sorts of number from the device, and they were going to talk to engineering. Well after another month going by they tell me itís on there ďto do listĒ. Contacted them again and they said there having issues with the software and they need to rewrite it. Well it August and they told me today that they really donít have an answer as to when itís gonna be done, asked to talk to a supervisor, and of course they were all in meetings and would call me back. So 4 months with an expensive monitor and still no answers! Anyone else having any issues like this with there SCT GTX on a 2015 6.7L F350 ?
Most likely you like the new design of the GTX, I had the same issue as you. I requested an exchange for the live wire +, same amount of money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old 08-02-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My end goal was to get custom tuning in the future, but have the tow and street tunes to play around with along with the transmission tuning. I never really mash on the throttle so I’m not as worried about breaking anything. Mainly at this point I’m just disappointed that a $600 tuner is now just a monitor. But thank you everyone for the input, I found my local shop prefers EZlink for tuning anyways so I may just get an edge monitor and run switch on the fly tuning at this point.
post #23 of 39 Old 08-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
So, if gearhead doesn't do 6.7 tunes who tuned my truck?

*edit* well if you want to get technical "alberta speed" did my tunes but http://nolimitfabrication.com/index....product_id=341
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 39 Old 01-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Angry Brand new SCT GTX and having problems

I paid $600 for the tuner to replace my much smaller and hard to read H&S Mini. Have a 2010 F-450 w/ 6.4 Powerstroke. Daily-driver...I don't haul anything...just like F450s. I don't run any tunes - simply wanted to monitor all the critical stuff.
Set it all up and was rather quite impressed with the sharpness of the display. Gauges look great and you can monitor quite a bit. Drove truck for several days in a row and really glad I made the switch.
Then I let the truck sit for 2-3 days. Takes a lot of effort to keep a black F450 clean so...since the weather was rainy...I drove my beater.
The next time I got in the truck, the GTX wouldn't power up. Tried a bunch of screen taps, key cycles, ...nothing! Momentarily disconnected from the wiring and then it came back on. Butttttt...now all my gauge settings went back to their defaults. Thought it might be a fluke so reset them all again. Worked fine for next few days, but again after I left truck sit unused for a couple days...same thing...had to unplug to reset and again all my gauge settings GONE.

I contacted SCT help desk via chat and was told "Yes, it is a bug...we're working on it."

Can't know for certain but I would imagine they knew about the "bug" back in November when I ordered the thing but they shipped it out anyway.

I also notice that the Engine Oil Temp and Engine Coolant Temp, the two most critical things I want to monitor right now, have a 10 degrees F differential. EOT is the higher of the two. That might be normal once the truck is warmed up, but this is at complete ambient...when the truck has been OFF for a 24 hour period. I checked it several time and each time the EOT temps starts out 10 degrees higher than coolant temp. Might be the sending unit but now that I know they have other bugs....who can tell?

Should've just stuck with the H&S, I'm now thinking.

Jim
post #25 of 39 Old 01-15-2019, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimichrome View Post
I paid $600 for the tuner to replace my much smaller and hard to read H&S Mini. Have a 2010 F-450 w/ 6.4 Powerstroke. Daily-driver...I don't haul anything...just like F450s. I don't run any tunes - simply wanted to monitor all the critical stuff.

Set it all up and was rather quite impressed with the sharpness of the display. Gauges look great and you can monitor quite a bit. Drove truck for several days in a row and really glad I made the switch.

Then I let the truck sit for 2-3 days. Takes a lot of effort to keep a black F450 clean so...since the weather was rainy...I drove my beater.

The next time I got in the truck, the GTX wouldn't power up. Tried a bunch of screen taps, key cycles, ...nothing! Momentarily disconnected from the wiring and then it came back on. Butttttt...now all my gauge settings went back to their defaults. Thought it might be a fluke so reset them all again. Worked fine for next few days, but again after I left truck sit unused for a couple days...same thing...had to unplug to reset and again all my gauge settings GONE.

I contacted SCT help desk via chat and was told "Yes, it is a bug...we're working on it."

Can't know for certain but I would imagine they knew about the "bug" back in November when I ordered the thing but they shipped it out anyway.

I also notice that the Engine Oil Temp and Engine Coolant Temp, the two most critical things I want to monitor right now, have a 10 degrees F differential. EOT is the higher of the two. That might be normal once the truck is warmed up, but this is at complete ambient...when the truck has been OFF for a 24 hour period. I checked it several time and each time the EOT temps starts out 10 degrees higher than coolant temp. Might be the sending unit but now that I know they have other bugs....who can tell?

Jim

They continue to sell these with the same problems. They put you on hold to check like itís a big surprise and come back and say engineering knows about these issues and is working on a solution, itís been 8 months without a solution for me and Iíve been using a mini max instead. Also once you update it you loose your stored screens every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #26 of 39 Old 01-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

Jim
I have to say I was disappointed at 1st, but once they finally got the software fixed it was good. I have to say I do think they probably rushed the product to marked and there were software issues. I have to admit now there was an update again and I was pleasantly surprised all the different monitors I had and how accurate everything was. I would like to call and ask them about how the EGT monitors the temp, as the stock EGT sensors(4 of them) read different, and how when it clean exhaust filter the SCT EGT probe doesn’t not read. I think the EGR in nominal open and when it cleans filter it closes to reach the 1k temps it’s looking to achieve on all of the sensors, because once it does the temps drop and the SCT EGT sensor starts reading again. Overall it was a bit of a rough road but not pleasantly happy with the tunes also.
post #27 of 39 Old 01-15-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmw077 View Post
Quote:

Jim
I have to say I was disappointed at 1st, but once they finally got the software fixed it was good. I have to say I do think they probably rushed the product to marked and there were software issues. I have to admit now there was an update again and I was pleasantly surprised all the different monitors I had and how accurate everything was. I would like to call and ask them about how the EGT monitors the temp, as the stock EGT sensors(4 of them) read different, and how when it clean exhaust filter the SCT EGT probe doesn’t not read. I think the EGR in nominal open and when it cleans filter it closes to reach the 1k temps it’s looking to achieve on all of the sensors, because once it does the temps drop and the SCT EGT sensor starts reading again. Overall it was a bit of a rough road but not pleasantly happy with the tunes also.
As of now I’m onto yet another GTX, the latest one crashed and tripped a bunch of codes on my truck, dash lights stay on, and the heat / A/C to stop working. Unplug and clear codes, all is well. Plug GTX in and it all comes right back. Verified as the issue by my local ford dealer too. Also my second GTX incapable of retaining canned tunes. So far I’m not impressed.
post #28 of 39 Old 01-16-2019, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like you guys are getting the EPA bastardized ones now. I haven't updated mine in 5 months, and don't plan on it. And if you leave it unplugged for a good amount of time it essentially resets. Happened to me when I first got it and couldn't figure it out, tried it unplugged for a long time, then about 20 minutes and everything was saved as for gauges data.
post #29 of 39 Old 01-16-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
Sounds like you guys are getting the EPA bastardized ones now. I haven't updated mine in 5 months, and don't plan on it. And if you leave it unplugged for a good amount of time it essentially resets. Happened to me when I first got it and couldn't figure it out, tried it unplugged for a long time, then about 20 minutes and everything was saved as for gauges data.
It’s been a crap product since before any possible EPA involvement, they should really try and release a working product the first time and knock off the Microsoft style user debugging
post #30 of 39 Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's your opinion on it. I have no complaints about mine. It sounds like it could also be a little on your end as well....you're on your 2nd device with the EXACT same problem? That I find unlikely.

Last edited by jman37; 01-16-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode