6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 02-22-2018, 08:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I did a full delete a year ago and donít regret one bit. There is fuel economy to be gained but donít expect to recover the cost of the delete with that. Also I saw zero mpg gain while towing.

Glad you didnít decide to go with H&S tuner. Iíve had nothing but bad luck with mine. It goes out and I have to send it in to get fixed. Itís happened twice.

I know nothing about the tuner youíve selected but I imagine it can monitor as well as tune. In that case think about adding the EGR blockoff plates. Thereís one that goes into the exhaust manifold and has threads for an EGT probe. Just make sure you pick the right one cause there are ones that fit the stock EGT probes and ones meant for aftermarket probes. The factory ones are larger. They can also plug into the factory wiring that isnít used after the EGR is gone.

2011 F350 CC SRW
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiggerDerrik For This Useful Post:
NiccSchroeder (02-28-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 02-23-2018, 04:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
I am DEFINITELY not trying to discourage you, but Mattastic13 is correct. Harris county is an emissions county so if your truck is registered in HC they will do a visual check. I'd hate for you to spend all that money and then have that surprise when you pull up for an inspection.

2012 F-250 Supercrew - Pro-Comp 6" - 22x12 Hostile Sprocket's - 37" Toyo R/T's - AFE Elite Intake - 5" Diamond Eye Exhaust - SCT X4 & Tyrant Tunes - Sinister EGR Delete

Previously- 2006 Ram 2500, 5" turbo back, Crazy Larry tuned, fried injector harness, 6 toasted injectors, and one melted transmission.....

My "Other Rides"
2015 Pierce Velocity Industrial Pumper
2013 F-550 Haz-Mat/Rescue
post #13 of 23 Old 02-26-2018, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NiccSchroeder Send a message via MSN to NiccSchroeder Send a message via Yahoo to NiccSchroeder
Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattastic13 View Post
FYI...laws in Texas have changed, plus you are in Houston. Now they do a visual to check.

As for everything else...NO LIMIT all the way
I talked to two diesel shops today in Harris and fort bend county and they said that was only for gas trucks. They might be wrong though, could you provide some sort of evidence to this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 Old 02-26-2018, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'll look for the statute but I am in Corpus and I got rejected by 3 shops after they did a visual. I brought up the fact that I had a diesel and was told at all 3 shops that they amended the law. Diesels now require a visual inspection.

Called a buddy who owns a shop elsewhere and got confirmation

EDIT
Inspection/Rejection Criteria

20.14 Exhaust Emission System.

ator of the motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine shall not remove or intentionally make inoperable within the state of Texas the exhaust emission system or any part thereof, except where the purpose of removal of the exhaust emission system or part thereof is to install another exhaust emission system or part thereof, which is intended to be equally effective in reducing atmospheric emissions from the vehicle or engine.

The exhaust emission system was installed by manufacturers of motor vehicles beginning with model year 1968. The inspection of the exhaust emission system will apply only to those vehicles that are equipped with such a system. The following exhaust emission systems will be inspected if installed as original equipment by the manufacturer: thermostatic air cleaner, exhaust gas recirculation system, positive crankcase ventilation system, air injection system, evaporative emission system, and/or catalytic converter.

If installed as original equipment by the manufacturer, the catalytic converter will be considered a part of the exhaust emission system on all 1984 and later model vehicles. It will be inspected as a part of the exhaust system on prior to 1984 model vehicles.
1. Inspection Procedure. Examine visually.

2. Inspect for and reject if:

a. The exhaust emission system has been removed.

b. The exhaust emission system has been disconnected.

c. The plumbing or hoses are loose, broken, leaking, or improperly routed.

d. Air pump (air injection-type) belt is loose, removed, excessively cracked, frayed or has pieces missing.

e. The exhaust emission system has been altered in any manner to make it ineffective.

f. The catalytic converter has been removed, leaking, or disconnected on a 1984 or later model vehicle.

2012 F250 King Ranch 4x4
Ready Lift 1.5" level kit front/Custom 1" block rear/Fox 2.0s/Nitto Trail Graps 295/65/R20 on stock King Ranch rims No Limit delete pipe with Gearhead tunes on a SCTx4, EGR block off plates
No Limit Stage 2 Intake
Sweet Gipsy Danger Sticker

Last edited by mattastic13; 02-26-2018 at 03:04 PM.
post #15 of 23 Old 02-26-2018, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
IF you are interested there is a shop down here that sells "inspection" pipes

2012 F250 King Ranch 4x4
Ready Lift 1.5" level kit front/Custom 1" block rear/Fox 2.0s/Nitto Trail Graps 295/65/R20 on stock King Ranch rims No Limit delete pipe with Gearhead tunes on a SCTx4, EGR block off plates
No Limit Stage 2 Intake
Sweet Gipsy Danger Sticker
post #16 of 23 Old 02-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, whatever you do, don't gut your DPF. If you did, it would pass a visual, while not affecting performance.

It would be an effective but bad thing to do.

Don't do that.

So strong is Tradition that later generations will dream of what they have never seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Old King Coal For This Useful Post:
post #17 of 23 Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to NiccSchroeder Send a message via MSN to NiccSchroeder Send a message via Yahoo to NiccSchroeder
Could I just get the trucked inspected in another nearby county? I'm hearing from multiple shops around here, one of which actually does inspections, that those laws don't apply to diesel cars. So trying to figure that out so I don't piss away my entire savings account.
post #18 of 23 Old 02-27-2018, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiccSchroeder View Post
Could I just get the trucked inspected in another nearby county? I'm hearing from multiple shops around here, one of which actually does inspections, that those laws don't apply to diesel cars. So trying to figure that out so I don't piss away my entire savings account.
If one of those shops will be the one doing your inspection, then go for it.

2012 F-250 Supercrew - Pro-Comp 6" - 22x12 Hostile Sprocket's - 37" Toyo R/T's - AFE Elite Intake - 5" Diamond Eye Exhaust - SCT X4 & Tyrant Tunes - Sinister EGR Delete

Previously- 2006 Ram 2500, 5" turbo back, Crazy Larry tuned, fried injector harness, 6 toasted injectors, and one melted transmission.....

My "Other Rides"
2015 Pierce Velocity Industrial Pumper
2013 F-550 Haz-Mat/Rescue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpw_07 For This Useful Post:
post #19 of 23 Old 03-06-2018, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

I bought the stuff yesterday from diesel ops and I'm planning on doing it all this weekend.

What I got
- PPEI EZ-Lynk tuner
-4" FLO PRO DP Back Al exhaust
-S&B Intake
- Diesel Ops EGR Delete w/Stock EGT

I have a SOTF coming in soon
post #20 of 23 Old 03-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiccSchroeder View Post
I bought the stuff yesterday from diesel ops and I'm planning on doing it all this weekend.

What I got
- PPEI EZ-Lynk tuner
-4" FLO PRO DP Back Al exhaust
-S&B Intake
- Diesel Ops EGR Delete w/Stock EGT

I have a SOTF coming in soon
Awesome... good choices. Be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BOOMER-Red till im dead
2011 6.7L PowerStroke
2" RC Level / 4" rear blocks
35x12.5 r20 on stock wheels
PiP tuned, non-prius version (X'd Dpf-n-Egr)
S&B CAI -- XDP Intercooler Pipe and Coolant Filtration system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode