6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 Old 11-15-2017, 04:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The GDP guys have been good to me. I like the EzLynk, but to be fair it is the only one I have tried.

2015 F250 XLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 Old 11-15-2017, 06:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
I need to update the stickey but it?s mostly correct still

All tuning also tunes the trans

GDP seems to have gotten more reliable but tyrant is still my go to

Pick whatever platform suits you best they all do the same thing when it boils down to it
Heavy_GD likes this.

--H
2012 6.7
Too many toys for it to list
post #13 of 34 Old 11-25-2017, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been reading about everything I can find on this entire Delete, Tuner, Exhaust discussion. I just purchased a 2015 F-250 with 50k and I love it. This truck replaced a 2002 F-250 7.3L that got totaled. Of course many improvements over my previous ride (which I intended to keep forever).

I think I've settled on the EZ Lynk tuner, Flo-Pro EGR Delete Kit, S&B Cold Air Intake and an MBRP 4" Downpipe Back Exhaust w/Muffler. I'm still debating between tunes with GDP and PPEI at the top of the list. As is common with a lot of subjects. There are 'Lovers' on all sides of every option.

Part of the problem is what the individual wants to accomplish. My priorities are fuel mileage and reliability. I am not looking for max power (though some increase is always welcome). I don't want a lot of smoke or noise. A good sound is fine but I do long trips and quiet is better than loud. I may be in the minority with these preferences so not as many opinions to choose from.

My greatest concern is that this not be a 'Trial and Error' exercise. That would be very expensive! I understand that the 'Perfect' choice may not be attainable. But I'd like to be in the ball park.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post valid information on these subjects (Especially the sticky by HLBeef). It has helped a great deal.
dilligaf622 likes this.

Last edited by BajaRon; 11-25-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 34 Old 11-25-2017, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I bought a 2011 SCLB in Feb 2017 w/85k, never put DEF in it, Deleted within 1500 miles. I went with a SCT Livewire with Gearhead Tunes, I think it was a Sinister EGR delete kit, and a Diamond Eye 5" downpipe back with no muffler. If I had it to do over I would change Nothing. Have had no problems at all. Now it does growl and you can definitely here the turbo, but going down the road with the windows up and the radio on (normal volume), I hear nothing. The only thing my wife doesn't like is without all that crap the exhaust used to go through, it now smells like a diesel motor.

Dave
post #15 of 34 Old 11-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Most everyone seems happy about the setup they installed. Tells me the industry is pretty good at meeting the customer's needs. Very impressive. Hopefully, I will be as happy with my chosen setup as you are Dave.

I am now thinking of going with an Android Tablet so I can have a dedicated instrument setup. Seems like an economical and efficient way to go.
post #16 of 34 Old 11-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Ill throw out someone else, proven diesel. Id say about as close to a custom tune as you can get without a ride along. He has made numerous tweaks for me and is super responsive. Not one of the big names, I think that helps with the responsiveness. I am using ththe ez link, makes changes and data logs super easy.
post #17 of 34 Old 12-02-2017, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
I have been reading about everything I can find on this entire Delete, Tuner, Exhaust discussion. I just purchased a 2015 F-250 with 50k and I love it. This truck replaced a 2002 F-250 7.3L that got totaled. Of course many improvements over my previous ride (which I intended to keep forever).

I think I've settled on the EZ Lynk tuner, Flo-Pro EGR Delete Kit, S&B Cold Air Intake and an MBRP 4" Downpipe Back Exhaust w/Muffler. I'm still debating between tunes with GDP and PPEI at the top of the list. As is common with a lot of subjects. There are 'Lovers' on all sides of every option.

Part of the problem is what the individual wants to accomplish. My priorities are fuel mileage and reliability. I am not looking for max power (though some increase is always welcome). I don't want a lot of smoke or noise. A good sound is fine but I do long trips and quiet is better than loud. I may be in the minority with these preferences so not as many opinions to choose from.

My greatest concern is that this not be a 'Trial and Error' exercise. That would be very expensive! I understand that the 'Perfect' choice may not be attainable. But I'd like to be in the ball park.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post valid information on these subjects (Especially the sticky by HLBeef). It has helped a great deal.
BajaRon, Sounds like you're looking at the same requirements Im looking for. Want to do the DPF & EGR Delete & want to tune my truck, but Im not looking for a monster. I dont want to hot rod it. I just want it to drive well, have the power I know it should have, maybe better gas mileage, & be able to tow anything I may need. My truck had the CEL earlier this week for the "Contaminated Exhaust Fluid" so I know its time to go ahead & do the DPF delete. What Im curious about is how much do I need to upgrade? I like the EZ Lynk since I dont really want to have an extra screen on my dash. I have an Android Auto headunit & Im hoping I can install it on that through my phone. Im not really sure which tunes I need since Im primarily looking for the delete tunes & some power/mpg increase without having a "race truck". Do I really need to upgrade to a Cold Air Intake right now if Im not looking to increase my HP significantly? I e-mailed a few questions to both No Limit & Diesel Power Products earlier this week & havent gotten a reply from either. Seems like if Im planning on potentially spending a couple thousand dollars with them, they could respond & help me answer these questions I have so I cant make the best decision. We'll see if I get a response next week from either so I can get this ball rolling. I dont want my truck to enter into Limp mode before I get all of this figured out! I went ahead & ordered myself some Kroil penetration stuff so I can get my EGR bolts cleaned up & ready when I do make the plunge. Now if I can just find some more information on which tunes I should go with, should I do an EGR Delete or just the block off plates, should I go ahead & do the cold air intake now or can I get away with doing it later. Once you guys get your stuff done, post some updates on how it went. Id love to hear. Until its my turn, I'll keep reading & researching.
TnSmokey likes this.

2013 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed With all the Bells & Whistles!
2011 F250 XL 6.7L Extended Cab (SOLD)
2005 F250 King Ranch 6.0L Crew Cab (SOLD)
post #18 of 34 Old 12-03-2017, 04:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javahead View Post
BajaRon, Sounds like you're looking at the same requirements Im looking for. Want to do the DPF & EGR Delete & want to tune my truck, but Im not looking for a monster. I dont want to hot rod it. I just want it to drive well, have the power I know it should have, maybe better gas mileage, & be able to tow anything I may need. My truck had the CEL earlier this week for the "Contaminated Exhaust Fluid" so I know its time to go ahead & do the DPF delete. What Im curious about is how much do I need to upgrade? I like the EZ Lynk since I dont really want to have an extra screen on my dash. I have an Android Auto headunit & Im hoping I can install it on that through my phone. Im not really sure which tunes I need since Im primarily looking for the delete tunes & some power/mpg increase without having a "race truck". Do I really need to upgrade to a Cold Air Intake right now if Im not looking to increase my HP significantly? I e-mailed a few questions to both No Limit & Diesel Power Products earlier this week & havent gotten a reply from either. Seems like if Im planning on potentially spending a couple thousand dollars with them, they could respond & help me answer these questions I have so I cant make the best decision. We'll see if I get a response next week from either so I can get this ball rolling. I dont want my truck to enter into Limp mode before I get all of this figured out! I went ahead & ordered myself some Kroil penetration stuff so I can get my EGR bolts cleaned up & ready when I do make the plunge. Now if I can just find some more information on which tunes I should go with, should I do an EGR Delete or just the block off plates, should I go ahead & do the cold air intake now or can I get away with doing it later. Once you guys get your stuff done, post some updates on how it went. Id love to hear. Until its my turn, I'll keep reading & researching.
My goals are the same as yours and BajaRon's. I want a reliable truck, I don't want an extra screen on my dash and I want everything to look as stock as possible. I called No Limit this past week to order all my parts and I had a few questions about the tunes and EGR plates. After being asked if I can use the internet, I was put on hold for 6+ minutes so I hung up out of frustration. I called Alligator Performance who answered my quick questions, took my order, and sent the parts within 5 minutes.

I ordered the EZ-lynk, PPEI tunes, SOTF switch, Flo Pro stainless race pipe and EGR block off. I'm not using max power so I'm not getting a cold air intake. I like the block off plates for now because I don't want to mess with the coolant if I don't have to. Maybe I'll remove the EGR down the road if I need to, but for now it seems plates are fine.

The race pipe has already been delivered and the tuner should be here Wednesday. I'll install everything this weekend hopefully.

2016 F-250 Platinum
EZ-Lynk, PPEI Tunes
post #19 of 34 Old 12-03-2017, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Now that I've read a little more into the EZ Lynk, I think Im having to change my setup. I may have to go with an external display afterall. I run a pioneer head unit with Android Auto. My phone is connected to my HU for full control. I have tried to find a way to take an app (EZ Lynk Auto Agent) & broadcast it to my head unit through Android Auto. Doesnt seem possible. The only way it may work is if I screen mirror my phone to my headunit which I can do using Miracast. Only problem, miracast connects to your phone via a wifi network. From what I read, the EZ Lynk also connects to your phone via a wifi network. I cant connect my phone to 2 different wifi networks at the same time. Also, when my phone is connected to my android auto, I cant use it through the phone, only via the head unit & voice. So I wouldnt even be able to see my phone to see the EZ Lynk App. Scratch that plan.
So instead now Im looking at the SCT GTX loaded with Tyrant tunes. Seems to be pretty good. Also the GTX will clear my TPMS system for the tire pressure. Ive got 2 sensors that are dead so I cant get that error off of my screen unless I buy new sensors & get them installed. If the GTX fixes that problem then theres more money saved. Im thinking the GTX with Tyrant Tunes & No Limit EGR Block off plates along with the S&B Cold Air Intake. Now to just decide on the exhaust.

2013 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed With all the Bells & Whistles!
2011 F250 XL 6.7L Extended Cab (SOLD)
2005 F250 King Ranch 6.0L Crew Cab (SOLD)
post #20 of 34 Old 12-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I run ezlink and a separate dedicated tablet; I have apple car play on th pioneer (sure miss the droid). Screen display on the phone is to small either way. I have began monitoring less; probably never needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode