2011-2016 6.7L Exhaust Brake tune NOW AVAILABLE! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

9Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011-2016 6.7L Exhaust Brake tune NOW AVAILABLE!

We are happy to announce the addition of another 6.7L tune option to our lineup. You can now get an Exhaust Brake function integrated into our 35HP Heavy Tow and 50HP Daily/Light Tow tunes . This is available for all 2011-2016 6.7L trucks. In the 35HP Heavy Tow tune it will be active when you are off the throttle and RPM's are above 1000. In the 50HP Daily/Light Tow tune it will be active when you are off the throttle and RPM's are above 2000. Check it out in this video...

This tune option is available on the Infinity, Infinity Mini, Bully Dog GT, SCT X4, and SCT Livewire.

https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...ke-6-7l/tuning

Let us know if you have any questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Heavy_GD (08-03-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-02-2017, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Justin, how about more video. One showing with tune off from 60 mph to one showing with tune on from 60 mph and a time frame of slow down. Interested in new tunes one day but would like more data on it. Thanks.

2012 F250 Crew Lariat FX4

Stock? Sure, that's what we'll call it.
post #3 of 14 Old 08-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
What about the EZ-Lynk platform?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F350 Lariat Ultimate FX4 CC LB SRW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 08-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,141 Times in 2,049 Posts
Mentioned: 437 Post(s)
Quoted: 3169 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
@[email protected] .......
[email protected] likes this.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #5 of 14 Old 08-03-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grish76 View Post
Justin, how about more video. One showing with tune off from 60 mph to one showing with tune on from 60 mph and a time frame of slow down. Interested in new tunes one day but would like more data on it. Thanks.
I will see if we can get a comparison video for you. This video clip was just an example to show the functionality of the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
What about the EZ-Lynk platform?
This is not available with SOTF tuning. It may be a possible feature integrated in the future, but not currently.
HeavyAssault likes this.
post #6 of 14 Old 08-03-2017, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Can previous customers get our tunes updated to include exhaust braking?....I have the 35 horse and 75 horse tunes from Jody for my 6.7 and I'd like the exhaust brake tune updated into my 35 horse tune. That being said, I have a lot of revisions with Jody for my 35 horse tune to shift right, and we finally have had a revision shift butter smooth and good for 10k miles now, so I'd like to keep my revision if I can as well....

Thank you, @[email protected]

By the way, please let Jody know I really like the new website. Glad it came together for y'all finally.
[email protected] likes this.

--H
2012 6.7
Too many toys for it to list
post #7 of 14 Old 08-03-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLBeef View Post
Can previous customers get our tunes updated to include exhaust braking?....I have the 35 horse and 75 horse tunes from Jody for my 6.7 and I'd like the exhaust brake tune updated into my 35 horse tune. That being said, I have a lot of revisions with Jody for my 35 horse tune to shift right, and we finally have had a revision shift butter smooth and good for 10k miles now, so I'd like to keep my revision if I can as well....

Thank you, @[email protected]

By the way, please let Jody know I really like the new website. Glad it came together for y'all finally.
Unfortunately there is no update program for this. I'll try to explain.

Updating or upgrading wouldn't be the correct terminology for this situation. The new tunes w/ exhaust brake are completely separate than their non-exhaust brake counterparts. The trans shifting is setup differently and the exhaust brake function is always active when not on the throttle above a certain RPM (so it is not on a switch). Think of it as a completely different tune compared to the regular 35HP and 50HP versions. Some will prefer the exhaust brake version, while others won't. We have been offering a similar line of tune options for the 6.0L for many years now. Does that all make sense?

Thanks for the positive feedback on the site. It has been a long time coming, that is for sure!
HeavyAssault and HLBeef like this.
post #8 of 14 Old 08-15-2017, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My apologies for not seeing this sooner. At your request, Jody and I will work on this Friday for you.

Last edited by SeeYa; 08-15-2017 at 05:31 PM.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-22-2018, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Is anyone actually using this tune on a '11-'13 truck towing heavy?
The vid looks good but doesn't mention if he's towing.

I am looking for a tune to help my fully deleted '11 tow my 15K lb 5th wheel when I go out west in the mountains.

I have a MiniMax now with the canned tunes. I know a lot of guys donít like the MiniMax, but it works great for me and I like the monitoring it provides. But I want a good tow tune with a better brake function. I care nothing about racing my truck. The DP is expensive for a single tune since I would have to get unlock codes as well, but still less than a whole new EZ LYNK.

I am considering upgrading to the EZ LYNK set up. If I do, I will decide between the Tryant tunes and the DP tunes. I am hoping someone has real-life HEAVY TOWING experience with one of these two tuning packages and can provide feedback on the brake function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

2011 F-350 4X4 Dually Lariat
Deleted, 5" exhaust, EZ LYNK w/Tyrant Tunes
Pulling a 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS 5er

---
---
post #10 of 14 Old 11-23-2018, 02:12 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pretty sure the DP-Tuner is emissions only, not used on deleted trucks,

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in