6.7 Performance Parts Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Performance Parts Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Tuner and EGR delete problems

I have a 2012 F350 6.7 automatic dually. I tuned the truck with SCT x4 canned street tune after I did the dpf delete. The truck ran great! A few months later I put an airaid intake and did an egr delete on it. After the egr delete it has not been running right. I returned it to stock and then tried both the canned street tune and tow tune on it. The transmission shifts hard and the truck lacks power. Does anyone have any insight on this? Does this tuner not support an EGR delete?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 Ford F350 CC DRW
285/75r17 Nitto Terra Grappler, XD wheels, Airaid intake, Flo Pro 4" exhaust, DPF delete, EGR delete, BD exhaust brake, SCT X4

1966 Bronco
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

351 5spd lifted w/35" ProComp tires 4:10 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Did your dash not light up like a Christmas tree when you did the EGR delete? You CANNOT do an EGR delete WITHOUT also deleting the dpf in the exhaust, and you can do NEITHER of these without delete tunes. Canned tunes (out of the box) on the SCT X4 are NOT delete tunes, they are plug & play emissions friendly tunes
post #3 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 06:45 AM

If you are not willing or cannot for some reason go all in on the exhaust & extra money for delete tunes, you need to put the EGR back in place and return the truck to the stock tune. Basically either go all the way in, or go all the way back stock. The truck is supposed to run rough because the transmission relearns itself. Will be rough for about 50 miles. If you do go back completely stock, run an update on your X4 to make sure everything is completely 100% up to date, THEN load whichever canned tune you'd like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm willing to go all in and buy the custom tunes. This is all new to me. I will call Innovative tomorrow and figure out what I need to do. Thanks!

2012 Ford F350 CC DRW
285/75r17 Nitto Terra Grappler, XD wheels, Airaid intake, Flo Pro 4" exhaust, DPF delete, EGR delete, BD exhaust brake, SCT X4

1966 Bronco

post #5 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchertk View Post
I have a 2012 F350 6.7 automatic dually. I tuned the truck with SCT x4 canned street tune after I did the dpf delete. The truck ran great! A few months later I put an airaid intake and did an egr delete on it. After the egr delete it has not been running right. I returned it to stock and then tried both the canned street tune and tow tune on it. The transmission shifts hard and the truck lacks power. Does anyone have any insight on this? Does this tuner not support an EGR delete?

I'm confused here, did you do a delete and use a SCT X4 canned non-delete tune? I don't think SCT comes with any type of delete tunes, so if that's the case, how did it run at all with the DPF missing?

The Resurrection
post #6 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 PM

lowmpg if I'm understanding correctly, he left the DPF in place. He simply did an EGR delete or block off while only using a canned tune
post #7 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I did the dpf delete a few months ago and put the SCT X4 tuner on it with canned street tune. Everything ran fine. Then a few days ago I did the egr delete and now I don't have any power but it runs and no lights on the dash.

2012 Ford F350 CC DRW

1966 Bronco

post #8 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Where did you purchase the X4 from? There's no way you unplugged the DPF & removed it with only canned tunes & your truck ran fine
post #9 of 9 Old 04-30-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I purchased the SCT used on Ebay

2012 Ford F350 CC DRW

1966 Bronco

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode