Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was able to tap about 5 clean threads into the ugly hole. I installed the factory bolts back in place with the gasket and torqued to 15lb/ft. I kind of wanted to over torque them just in case they weren't very well tapped. I figured it would be better to strip them now while it was all apart, but since everything seemed to hold okay, I'm not too concerned. I will definitely be checking it weekly for the next few months just in case. So I finished cleaning up wires and reinstalling the manifolds, air intake and the exhaust.
All in all, this wasn't a terrible project but there were definitely times that I stepped away to beat the punching bag. I would say that the lesson here is be patient and methodical. Do not just follow the basic BS directions that the deletsters provide. It is amazing how simply they put everything. There is no mention of PB blaster or remove the bolts while hot, etc. Just a 1-25 listing of steps like "remove bolts," "drain radiator" or "reinstall Intake components." No torque ratings for any of the parts, just tighten.
Thanks for the help and just listening. Venting frustrations is always a good thing.
1997 Crew Cab Long Bed Black 4wd Powerstroke F350, 2005 Axles, 6" Icon Lift, 3 Link, Fox Reservoir Shocks, 35" Toyo Muds, Tymar Intake, MBRP 4" Straight Through Exhaust, DP Tuner