Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Factory Hitch Prep & Exhaust

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cappa 
#1 ·
Can anybody advise if there are any issues fitting a 4" or 5" after market Down Pipe back exhaust with the factory Hitch Prep Package for 5th wheel/Gooseneck? I emailed Flo-Pro and they surprisingly could not provide an answer if theirs fit. If you were able to fit in a full exhaust what brand and size?

Thanks
B

#3 ·
I dont have the factory 5th wheel hitch but you should not have a problem because it runs in the same area as the factory exhaust. I would say that the diameter of the factory exhaust is 8" or better in the DPF area. Just check the clearance from your hitch to your factory exhaust and you should be all set. Let us know if it looks like it will be an issue.

#5 ·
Many people on here have B&W turnover hitches, and some have the factory hitch. Honestly the hitch is esssentially a mounting platform that's bolted inbetween the frame -- there's no interference in the areas (right side of the frame) where the exhaust piping runs.

The DPF is located under the cab, and while it is large diamteter, it does not apply to the "U" bend that the pipe will have to make over the rear axle under the bed.

5" will fit, no problem. Stock size is 3.5" if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Be.jammmin
#7 ·
I have the factory 5th wheel prep package, have not added the hitch yet thou. Not sure if that's what you are talking about but I removed the factory exhaust and installed the 5" Flo pro with muffler and there wasn't anything anywhere near tight under there that I noticed.

#10 ·
For the most part it seems fairly quite still to me. I haven't towed anything with it yet thou. I had a couple sleds on the deck going through the mountains thou. If you get it up to 15lbs or so, pulling a big hill, right around 100km/hr it has a bit of drone I would say but nothing crazy. Seems to go away if you speed up to 110 or so. Don't really have any vids recorded. This is on a 15 so none of the Rick flare whoo but it does have the hair dryer at idle when warming up till the veins open. Fairly deep and loud thou at wot on the performance setting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.