LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-28-2015, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan Dashdaq XL Mount

Hey everyone..

Recently purchased my '12 250, which is Spartan tuned with Dashdaq XL. The problem I had was the windshield suction mount. I didn't like seeing it stuck to the window from the outside, and it prevented the use of some of the better windshield sun screens...which you tend to want to use in SW Arizona! Seems like everyone was having to modify another brand's mount/pod to make it work.

Well, I did a little research and found that the Dashdaq mount is the same as some of the old Magellan GPS mounts:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IMM4Q94?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KD1TC9Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
I am using the 3 inch arm version above. The difference between the original and this one is the black gel based suction pad, which sticks to the dash instead of just glass. I'll have to post of picture of it mounted later, but it's basically in the same place, just not attached to the windshield.

There is actually a decent selection of other "dual t" mounting solutions, but I figured I would just throw these two up for quick reference.

Hope this helps someone out there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'12 F250 Lariat CCSB - Spartan tuned 6.7 w/ No Limit Intake - 4.5" Carli Pintop, 37" Toyo MT's on 17x8.5 Methods....and more.

'03 F350 XLT CCLB FX4 V10 (Sold) - 8" Superlift Select Lift, Bilstein 7100s, 40" MTRs on Welds, 4.88's...blah, blah, blah....but had to sell it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Is it wrong to thank myself for my own post?

My dashdaq xl mount has begun to not stick to the dash as well as it used to. My first thought was that the Arizona heat had finally gotten to it after 4 years, but I'm starting to think the detailer who just washed my truck may have something to do with it. Might try washing the cup before I replace it.

Either way, I just did a quick google search to see what mounting solutions are out there. I knew it was the same as something else, but couldn't remember what it was...

So I start reading the first post I found, and the story starts sounding kinda familiar...

...and that's when I notice it was my post, from 4 years ago!

Guess I'll buy myself a beer later!

...sonnofa, losing my mind!
HeavyAssault likes this.

Last edited by hollywood19; 07-22-2019 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Cleaned it up a little, originally posted from my phone
post #3 of 6 Old 07-22-2019, 02:10 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
LOL....even better that the links still work to available products at a great price.

Does the lower disc just stick to the dash?? Or is it like 3M super tape?

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-22-2019, 02:13 AM
N.S.D.Q.

My CTS2 came with a mount that looks just like this one: https://www.amazon.com/ARKON-Replace...YS74781J7N3H49

I like it minus the clear suction cup. It tends to sort of stand out on the glass when you look at the truck. Other than that it works great.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-22-2019, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
LOL....even better that the links still work to available products at a great price.

Does the lower disc just stick to the dash?? Or is it like 3M super tape?
I would have to dig it out of my misc spare parts bin to answer that question, if it's survived there this long! I didn't use it, as I didn't want to attach anything permanently to the dash. I put the mount directly on the far left of the dash, right next to the A pillar on the smoother area and it's worked great.

When I get home from work today I'll wash the cup. I think there's a good chance the detailer got some armor-all on the cup. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll be following my own link....
HeavyAssault likes this.

'12 F250 Lariat CCSB - Spartan tuned 6.7 w/ No Limit Intake - 4.5" Carli Pintop, 37" Toyo MT's on 17x8.5 Methods....and more.

'03 F350 XLT CCLB FX4 V10 (Sold) - 8" Superlift Select Lift, Bilstein 7100s, 40" MTRs on Welds, 4.88's...blah, blah, blah....but had to sell it
post #6 of 6 Old 07-22-2019, 11:24 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Win-win....now go fix your own chicken dinner for yourself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode