6.7 Motor Problems (2011-2016) 6.7 Motor Problems

110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #461 of 465 Old 09-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'd be lying. I try to avoid dealers at all costs because they are almost all a joke. I mean the entire point of me taking a vehicle to them is that they have more knowledge than I do. Sadly for Ford and from what I've seen Chevy, and Dodge that is not the case. If your case was the exception I'd say that's just crap luck, but I'd say you are the norm when it comes to them diagnosing anything which is really sad considering the software they have. In any case hope it stays running strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 465 Old 09-07-2019, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyS0b View Post
I am not debating that they need to fix this and that it isn't there.

I just get tired of people making up problems. If the valves are binding I would put money Ford is going to find a way to fix it. I am concerned with the long term effects of the problem, however (and its unfortunate for you guys) it does seem to be a small number of trucks that have this issue. I almost think its going to end up something like the valve issues we already saw in the early job 1 2011 trucks. May just have a bad batch of heads that need to have valves replaced.

I don't know the answer and I am not saying its not happening.

I am just arguing that snapped cranks and crap like that are not a common thing on a scrorpion, or any powerstroke for that matter.
I have NEVER heard about any Scorpions snapping cranks, and if it has happened...they were tuned like a mofo
post #463 of 465 Old 09-07-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelscratcher View Post
I've now had 4 regens w/ no problems; once my truck hit 25,000 miles it stopped.

It's running smoother, and seems more powerful.

I was complaining pretty hard about this issue on this same thread, but it seems to have resolved itself. Unless it starts again, I'm buying into the valve issue. I think the trucks w/ this issue just need to break in to resolve the majority of these problems.

It's not a hill I would die on, but that's the case for me...so far anyway.

Also, I think making sure regens are completed aids in stopping it too. I've made a conscious effort to complete each regen no matter what. I've been letting it idle to completion if I can't drive it out.
To build on your point, my '16 definitely isn't as snappy(throttle response/overall acceleration) as it was when I first got it. Two nights ago the magic came back and it performed like it did when it was new then it went back to not being snappy again. I think you are on to something as the motor(and the transmission) probably just needs to break in. I am at 19700 and hope to regain the power back that it had at 2000 miles. I am not as thorough about completing my regens as most are, but I do when I can(not often at all).

I would never trade my truck in, unless it was a new Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #464 of 465 Old 09-07-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyS0b View Post
Do any of the 2016 trucks do it that we know of?
The only "shudder" I get is from the horrible roads here in CO and the propensity for the front end to find road imperfections between 65-70 MPH

I have never experienced the jackhammer effect. I hope I never do.
post #465 of 465 Old 09-07-2019, 03:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerim5000 View Post
Wow I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'd be lying. I try to avoid dealers at all costs because they are almost all a joke. I mean the entire point of me taking a vehicle to them is that they have more knowledge than I do. Sadly for Ford and from what I've seen Chevy, and Dodge that is not the case. If your case was the exception I'd say that's just crap luck, but I'd say you are the norm when it comes to them diagnosing anything which is really sad considering the software they have. In any case hope it stays running strong.
Lol, not sure about that! My buddy's Duramax was at the dealership for a month before they figured out his problem, and it was a wiring problem. We joked that me poking fun at him was my "karma" payback. The bottom line was: the dealerships DID eventually get them fixed (mine and his). Maybe both our trucks were Friday or Monday trucks, idk. Just glad that the issue is resolved so we both can enjoy our vehicles! Plus I do think that if you like your job (Techs), it makes it so much better for the dealership and in the end, the customer.

2016 F350 CCSB 6.7 auto
2016 Explorer Limited
2001 F350 SCSB 7.3 6 sp
1995 Cobra R
1986 Mustang SVO
1984 Mustang SVO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode