LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #311 of 459 Old 12-29-2015, 06:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
I agree. Its the EPA mandating all the smog for engines that were designed to be strong and reliable without smog equipment. Smog it retentively new to diesel motors and they haven't figured it out completely. I remember when they did this to gas motors. It caused all sorts of problems. Biggest one was the egr which ran some of the exhaust back through the motor. Then the air pump for the exhaust. There was a thermo valve that you had to install in the radiator hose and would control the vacuum going to the distributor. The idea was no vacuum would go to the distributor until the engine was warm. Now gas motors are so efficient and reliable and last a long time also. Its nothing for a gas motor lasting 3000,000 miles with proper maintenance. Diesel motors will get better over time. They are coming after your lawn mower next. Just wait and see The best thing to come to the automotive world was the O2 sensor and computer to control air/fuel mixture. Now if they would port match the heads and make the air flow better.

I agree the EPA has ruined the diesel engine, you know they are trying too get rid of the black smoke (soot) but some don't know that "soot" settles on the ground not in the air. Global climate change I understand, but these third world countries are also a problem, but it seem's we have too make all the sacrifices (USA).

But with today's technology and computer added design's, Ford, Cummins, Chevy, should have a better handle on it than 30 years ago when automitive engineer's didn't have any of today's modern wonder's. My plan is that hopefully Ford or someone in the next 5-10 years will have their shXX together when it come's too a reliable diesel truck, when I need too replace my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 459 Old 12-30-2015, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
After nonstop trips to the dealerships for 3 months for repairs to collateral damage caused by the violent shaking an attempt to fix my truck it has finally stopped violently shaking on its own. When it does start shaking I'm able to down shift to 5th gear and it now stops the shaking. Where before it would continue shaking with no ability to stop it other than pulling over to the side of the road. My truck is still far from fixed but at least it's more drivable now. As with everyone else that has this issue the dealership still have not been able to reproduce it. At least that is what they are telling the customers. I find that hard to believe. I have 5 years or 75,000 miles to drive this truck into the dirt if it continues thanks to the extended warranty ford gave me. Keep documenting the issues in pushing it to higher levels of Ford's company representatives. Also contact the Better Business Bureau and ask for mediation and arbitration. We need to be a thorn in Ford side until they fix these issues we are having.

Last edited by lotsastuff4u; 12-30-2015 at 05:03 AM.
post #313 of 459 Old 01-17-2016, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I thought it might be useful to post on this thread again, for those who are experiencing the "shuddering and knocking" problem during regen.
I now have 35,000 miles on mine, and haven't experienced the problem for about 8,000 miles.
It began to stop at 25,000, then did it again few times (milder than before), and it hasn't done it for approximately 25, or so, regen's.
I've completely forgot about it, and I don't even worry about it happening anymore.
I'm sure I'll get roasted by some guys that are living through it now, or those who are having some legit problems that may not be getting resolved, but this is my experience.
I suspect, for the majority of people experiencing this, that it will resolve itself through driving it. I also believe that the program update/patch will probably resolve it too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravelscratcher For This Useful Post:
jednrld1969 (04-25-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #314 of 459 Old 01-17-2016, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mine has not had the issue since October. Im in Colorado so outside temps are much cooler. I'm going to see if it comes back and what the March flash looks like.
post #315 of 459 Old 01-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Any updates??
I'm looking to get a 15... Trying to get as much info as possible
post #316 of 459 Old 01-28-2016, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
In my opinion, the odds of getting one with the problem are small. And even if you get it, and it has the problem, more than likely it will resolve itself through driving it. If you want one, get it. They're good trucks no matter what you read on the various problem threads. Every forum, for any truck, has a problem page with various threads that would scare anyone from buying a vehicle.
post #317 of 459 Old 01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Blessed

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelscratcher View Post
In my opinion, the odds of getting one with the problem are small. And even if you get it, and it has the problem, more than likely it will resolve itself through driving it. If you want one, get it. They're good trucks no matter what you read on the various problem threads. Every forum, for any truck, has a problem page with various threads that would scare anyone from buying a vehicle.

I completely agree. I have not had the "shuddering" however I removed some of the "extra" weight at under 1K miles. Prior to that, I only had 1 regen.

Through Christ all things are possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #318 of 459 Old 02-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, I just finished reading 30+ pages of this..As I purchased a 2016 @ the end of last year..So far has about 2500 miles on the clock..I have noticed on occasion some "pinging", but no shudders,or shakes. The pinging seems to happen when the motor is under load,low rpm,and in too high a gear..I actively keep the transmission in tow mode around town..As I know it's not good to lug a new motor...I do think it up shifts to 6th gear too quickly..I can always tell when it's going into cleaning mode, because the mpg drops from 20plus to around 12mpg, and you have more turbo spool and reduced power..This is the 1St diesel I've had since 06, and it was a 6.0 nightmare..I'm extremely happy with the truck thus far, but I am planning on doing the deletes VERY soon..IMO the best warranty is the one you never have to use!
post #319 of 459 Old 02-09-2016, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I should jump in here and mention that my '15 had the "shuddering" during regen starting around 6k miles. It was driving me nuts. Monitoring helped to anticipate regens as well as shifting down. Not sure if running Power Service helped or switching to full Syn oil.

Then around 11k no more "shuddering." I'm at 15k now and all is well. However, the regens are a PITA and like DayTrader, a weight loss program is likely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onetonutz For This Useful Post:
expeditor97 (02-09-2016)
post #320 of 459 Old 02-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
I haven't heard of any 16s around here that have the issues during regen btw. I have done a little asking around with friends at dealers and there are a total of 4 cases here in MN and they are all early '15s...

I personally wouldn't delete a 6.7 until at least 30-40k miles. Let things break, let little issues happen, get them fixed for free. After that point I don't see anything wrong with deleting as long as you aren't running a hot tune. If you keep it in a tow or mild tune you should be fine, but you are shooting yourself in the foot if you run a 200+hp tune...

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode