LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
...what did you use to tune the truck with? You can check the data yourself.
I feel like a tremendous ******* for not knowing...but I don't. How can I check. I'm picking my truck up this afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 08:40 AM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You didn’t get a tuner? Did you drop the truck off at the shop and then pick it back up tuned and deleted and they didn’t hand you a tuner?

So strong is Tradition that later generations will dream of what they have never seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage
I'd be pretty mad for paying probably $1500+ and I didn't even get something to keep.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah lets not get into bad decisions lol...just want to resolve and then we can get into that stuff.

I dropped off truck for delete and tune. Tune is "allegedly" a 5 stage that has a knob under my steering wheel area. Knob has 1-5 turns for the different stages (allegedly).

Instagram gaw_diesel This is the place for reference...maybe you see something in the pictures that gives away info.
post #15 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 08:56 AM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Garage
You might want to take the “highly recommended” out of that first post. The fact that they deleted and tuned your truck without giving you a tuner sucks.

You should’ve been given a tuner. That way you could buy tunes from anywhere if you didn’t like what they gave you. They’ll probably say it would cost more money, which it would, but it’s worth it. I just hope they sold you a good tune and not something they concocted. They might be the best tuners in the world. But I doubt it.

So strong is Tradition that later generations will dream of what they have never seen.

post #16 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage
I stopped scrolling when I saw trucks with 24's and stretched tires.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
post #17 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 09:49 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I've now driven almost 10k miles with this stupid light.

Well that has already happened, not much else you can do.

With the concerns over the type of device used to tune the truck, you need that answer first and foremost. If GAW isn't going to give you a physical device your options are going to be limited in the future. Nice way to keep you captive as a customer.

To the Low Pressure "light" seems odd it popped up long after the initial work...yet it happened after fuel filter changes. Hmmmm.....You should be able to cycle the key to ON, if there's no noise from the fuel system that resolves the "air in the system" concern....I'd say it's a sensor issue. If you hear pump noise, you need to go thru the key ON position purge to run the lower pump till you don't hear any noise. Most will say 6x but I have gone as much as 10-12x before the noise has decreased to an acceptable level. IF by some chance the noise is still present after 10-12x key cycles you need to check the filter connections on the upper filter, then check the lower housing is sealed properly. People report the lower housing o-ring will roll over, or not seal properly. At the end of all this air is a M-Fer to the 6.7L fuel system. Adding another wrench is the truck runs fine by your accounts.

At this point we can sling poo into the fan till the end of the day....you need to get a no BS shop to hook up and see what's what with the system info. Especially to find fuel pressure readings or any soft codes on the PCM.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

post #18 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old King Coal View Post
You might want to take the “highly recommended” out of that first post. The fact that they deleted and tuned your truck without giving you a tuner sucks.

You should’ve been given a tuner. That way you could buy tunes from anywhere if you didn’t like what they gave you. They’ll probably say it would cost more money, which it would, but it’s worth it. I just hope they sold you a good tune and not something they concocted. They might be the best tuners in the world. But I doubt it.
I tried to edit, but maybe since I'm still new I don't have the ability.
post #19 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
Well that has already happened, not much else you can do.

With the concerns over the type of device used to tune the truck, you need that answer first and foremost. If GAW isn't going to give you a physical device your options are going to be limited in the future. Nice way to keep you captive as a customer.

To the Low Pressure "light" seems odd it popped up long after the initial work...yet it happened after fuel filter changes. Hmmmm.....You should be able to cycle the key to ON, if there's no noise from the fuel system that resolves the "air in the system" concern....I'd say it's a sensor issue. If you hear pump noise, you need to go thru the key ON position purge to run the lower pump till you don't hear any noise. Most will say 6x but I have gone as much as 10-12x before the noise has decreased to an acceptable level. IF by some chance the noise is still present after 10-12x key cycles you need to check the filter connections on the upper filter, then check the lower housing is sealed properly. People report the lower housing o-ring will roll over, or not seal properly. At the end of all this air is a M-Fer to the 6.7L fuel system. Adding another wrench is the truck runs fine by your accounts.

At this point we can sling poo into the fan till the end of the day....you need to get a no BS shop to hook up and see what's what with the system info. Especially to find fuel pressure readings or any soft codes on the PCM.
Appreciate the info. I'll check a few things out when I get my truck back later after work.

They did offer a device but insisted it was unnecessary and expensive. In hindsight, I should've just gotten it...but as you can see, I'm no expert....I thought I was taking advice from the "experts".

I tried to listen to the "pump noise" when I read some threads months ago or anything else and didn't notice anything...at the same time, I'm not sure what I was listening for exactly.

I'll start from square 1 again and report back here later....appreciate the help.

/ as you can see, I'm not much of a diesel mechanic....give me an outboard and I'll pull the lower unit, change oils, filters, pumps and tstats.

Last edited by danmanswag; 08-13-2019 at 10:00 AM.
post #20 of 35 Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So what did they give as an "expensive" device price? What work was done? What did they charge you for all the work??

I'm not trying to bust your chops, if you want an outside opinion to consider before you want to recommend this shop to anyone else.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode