6.7 Motor Problems (2011-2016) 6.7 Motor Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-20-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 P0331 and P0332

Thanks all for the add to the site. Had a 2006 and needed the help fro 4 sites to keep that project happy but the new 2012 6.7 has been a dream. 8 years and 88k mileage I needed to change out a couple of glow plugs, had an oil/ coolant drip and a turbo noise but it’s been an absolute beauty.

Well until now... got the dreaded CEL light and simple check.... P0331. Cool. Simple part swap... knock sensor bank 2? No real drivability limitations gets up and goes with no load 5k no load no problem. Seemed a bit underpowered when I towed 12k but didn’t have much to compare to as the route and load was different from my 5th wheel. Drove unloaded 300 miles and the CEL went away on trip home. Only thing that makes my hairs stand up is I bought a couple of def refills 4 months ago after I got a 100 miles to empty notification. I filled 2.5 gallons and the computer said 500 miles to empty so drive thinking it wouldn’t take the second fully. Went to put the second in and the product was opened? Truck took another gallon and computer said full?

Could a bad gallon of def give me a gas motor CEL? Where do you start with bad info?

Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode