LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2016 F350 - MPG

First Post -

1) I just joined because I have a 2016 F350 XLT long bed with the 6.7 engine and 30K ODM. I'm getting about 15 mpg and wondered if that is low or normal for highway driving (65 to 70 MPH)? I changed the dash display from the MPG because it was driving me crazy. I'm dividing the miles by the gallons used, when I fill up with fuel.

I have a friend with the same truck but a 2015 short bed 110K ODM and he says that he gets 17 to 19 mpg. What are others getting for MPG???

2) Currently, I live in the upstate of South Carolina and many 6.7 operators are putting in the DEF delete kits for improved MPG, its better for the engine and there is currently no auto inspection in this state. I think that this is the last year of factory warranty on my 2016 truck, so I might consider installing a DEF delete kit, but everyone has their opinions on which kit is the best.

So what are your recommendations?

3) Does anyone add any fuel conditioner at each fuel up and if so, what do you recommend?

Capt'n
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can say that these trucks seem to get a tad better MPG with age. LOL

1) That's not unexpected. The biggest "thief" is the regen process. Since you are stock I would say that is your first culprit. Otherwise different drivers, and other conditions could be the main difference between you and your friend.

2) Best is hard to define. Some go by brand, some by looks, some by function. Tuning and the tuning device will be the hardest choice. The hard parts (exhaust piping, EGR delete kit, etc etc) have plenty of good options to choose from in the marketplace.

3) I use Howe's as a fuel additive as it is cheap, found in Wal-Mart, and has been working quite well for me to date.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heavy Assault,
Thank you for getting back with me so quickly and with your recommendations on a fuel additive.

Have you incorporated the DEF system delete on your truck and if so, which on did you put in?

Capt'n
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 04:39 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
DEF= Diesel Exhaust Fluid
DPF= Diesel Particulate Filter

I'm sure you are talking about a DPF over the DEF. In simple form they go hand in hand on a stock truck. When you are wanting to delete a truck you are removing the DPF, the biggest part of emissions system. This will require a tuning device to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. The DPF is replaced with piping that allows for flow of exhaust without restrictions. Most all of this work makes your truck subject to rejection during emissions system checks or state vehicle inspections. There are quite a few brands/manufacturers that are making these parts. Google is the best to use for what's currently in stock at seller web sites.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Old 06-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
If your heavy footed 15 is fine. U might higher gearing than i. But i get 19 if i go 65 n went upto 20 after the delete. I get about 15 pulling a small enclosed trailer
Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 AM
BBBRRRRRTTTTT

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
when my f250 was 100% stock i could get over 20 on the highway unloaded. (3.331 gears and stock 32s)

i also use howes.

2016 F-250 Super Crew XLT 6.7L
2007 F-250 Super Cab XL 6.0L (sold)

C-A-P-S CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!
Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I was thinkin about putting my 35's withe -24 offsett what mileage do you get wit bigger tires. And i also use howes and power service grey bottle it seams to help with mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in