6.7 Motor Problems (2011-2016) 6.7 Motor Problems

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-07-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 2011 Ford F350 6.7L Crank no START (P2291)

Truck has 168K on it now. had it for a few years and a month ago it died on me while driving. It does have a DEF delete (Thats how i got it)
Only code I'm getting is P2291 (Injector Control Pressure Too Low-Engine Cranking) Trunk is not building high pressure fuel, i have replaced everything from the inside of the fuel tank to the injectors, all parts came from a local ford dealer (OEM) Also i have tried a different PCM and programmed to stock calibration to see if that would help but it did not. Ran out of parts to replace in the fuel system and out of options. i wouldn't think all 8 injectors would fail at the same time? Anyways if anyone has any suggestions or any info please let me know.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
The injector IQA needs to be reprogrammed with IDS, whenever you replace or move an injector. Each injector has a specific number on it and needs to be programmed to the exact cylinder it is installed in. You might could do this yourself with ForScan and a windows laptop. If you hae an egr delete you might be able to read the numbers with the injectors still installed.

So yes all 8 fail all at once, but its in the programming.

Personal Truck/Heavy Hauler 12 F350 XL 4x4 DRW CCLB 3.73 LSD Black
Shop built headache rack, tie downs, and knock down ladder rack, Tread plate bed mat, Airbags, Cheapo light bar, bug screen on the grill, transfer tank w/ pump and racor filter, shimmed overloads, CTS, X4 Tyrant tunes, Full Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
Durapig you win the internets today hahahaha
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you...

Last edited by Durapig Eater; 04-09-2018 at 05:54 AM. Reason: kielbasa fingers
post #3 of 13 Old 04-09-2018, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i didn't pull any injectors out, i figured i didn't have any water or metal in my system at all they would be fine. Or are you saying they could have just lost the program and need to be reprogramed? i do have an IDS. My question now is if all 8 injectors lost program would my fuel not build pressure? I'm not even getting 200PSI at the rail while cranking. what causes injectors to loose program?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-09-2018, 06:17 AM

From your post I assumed you replaced everything including the injectors. What prompted all the other parts, if not contaminated fuel/bad pump?

Shop built headache rack, tie downs, and knock down ladder rack, Tread plate bed mat, Airbags, Cheapo light bar, bug screen on the grill, transfer tank w/ pump and racor filter, shimmed overloads, CTS, X4 Tyrant tunes, Full Dirty

Quote:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 Old 04-09-2018, 07:24 AM

Again if you swapped physical ecm then IQA would not be programmed in. If you have the original injectors in their original position and your original ccv box the IQA sticker will be on the ccv box. This will not cause you to not build pressure at the rail however,

It all starts with confirming low pressure fuel supply. Follow @kaya 's instructions in this post. https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...rt-help-2.html
Also don't neglect to double check your primary filter housing is tight to the stop with a good oring and you primed the system, minimum 6 koeo for 30+ seconds to remove air.

you can study all the inter-workings of the fuel system here
Coffee Table Books - Diesel Technician Society
Heavy_GD likes this.

Quote:

post #6 of 13 Old 04-10-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i just wanted to get the truck started so just started changing everything. low Pressure pump is new from the dealer and came with a new filter so i didn't even have to take the bowl off. Also changed the HPFP again thinking maybe the new one from the dealer was no good. Something is causing fuel to just go back into the tank thru the return line.
post #7 of 13 Old 04-11-2018, 06:00 AM

Okay, lets start over. I am personally guilty of all trouble shooting violations, which is why i'm telling you this. The few times I've been lucky with a guess reinforced bad behavior.
Trouble shooting 101:

Start with the easiest thing first. (filters, filter oring, air in the system, fuses)

Never trust the guy that came before you, you must TEST it yourself. He wasn't able to fix it in the first place.
In this case you are the guy, so this may be a hard pill to swallow. However did you test/check anything or just whip out ye ol parts cannon and fire away? If you did then maybe its time to just have her towed into the dealer.
This also means confirming there is a filter and oring properly installed in the DFCM that came out of the box, and that the pump is working.

90% of the time it boils down to human error. Again no offense, but have you been draining the water separator? Did some one fuel up with gas or DEF (I know you said its deleted, but remember trust no one)? On schedule with the filter changes? Primed the fuel system after opening any lines?

Start at the source Starting at the tank, it has uncontaminated fuel? Fuel in the filter housing when you open the drain? Bubbles in the tube running to a bucket from the lpfp? Metal/schmoo on the regulator? In the fuel rail? Power to the pump?

If you haven't checked these things then your chasing your own *** in a circle hoping to get lucky.

Seriously I wish you the best of luck and hope you get her fixed. I wouldn't have taken the time to post this to just be little you.

Quote:

post #8 of 13 Old 04-16-2018, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Pull the valave off the drivers side fuel rail and check to see if its stuck open with debris. Also check to see if there is fuel in the oil.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Any resolution to this? I'm dealing with the same problem now after HPFP replacement.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-05-2018, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Did you have a failed pump for sure? What all was done when the pump was replaced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachw View Post
Any resolution to this? I'm dealing with the same problem now after HPFP replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in