Auto fold mirrors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Exterior Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto fold mirrors?

Some jackass broke my driver's side mirror 2 nights ago while my truck was parked on the street. Shame on me for forgetting to fold my mirrors in. I'm curious if there's a way to make the power folding mirrors to fold in automatically when the key is off or maybe when the doors are locked with the keyfob or similar?

I did a quick search but didn't find anything, maybe using the wrong words.

In addition, anyone got a good power telescoping and power folding mirror they want to sell?

Thanks in advance.

2015 F250 6.7 PSD CCSB 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Addicted to Diesel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to cowboyupamrka Send a message via Yahoo to cowboyupamrka
From what I have seen on the Forscan Forums, no one has found a way for this to work. sounds like there are some extra sensors that the Lincolns have to allow them to utilize the power fold when vehicle is off. Good luck though, would be a nice addition for parking lots.

HILLBILLY EXPRESS-2000 F-250 CC SB *SOLD W/ 342,000 MILES*

HULK-2015 F-250 LARIAT CCSB
B&W GOOSENECK HITCH, GO RHINO RB10 STEPS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Search your local Craigslist. I've seen a few sets for sale when hunting down stuff.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
We did it on a 2018 for a buddy. Required alot of wiring. Here are the basics-

Pull your mirror controls apart. Make sure your fold button is momentary.

figure out which wire is 12v power with the key on(lets call this wire A)

Find a wire or run one from battery that is constant 12v with key off. Make sure this wire is fused. (wire B)

Then figure out which wire gets power when you hit the button to fold mirrors(wire C)

Get a relay, any relay that has pin 87a(normally closed)

Find a 12v ignition circuit (wire A works well for this when we did it. WIRE MUST ONLY HAVE POWER WHEN KEY IS ON. WHEN YOU GO TO START WIRE MUST LOSE POWER)

The input side of the relay needs a ground, and wire B for constant power(normally pin 30 and 31)

Pin 15 needs to be hooked to wire A

Pin 87A (normally closed) needs to be hooked to wire C.

When wired this way, there will be power on wire c when the truck is off. We found no problems with this. Has been 2 months and still no issues, or battery drain. We ran a 2 amp fuse for safety.

When truck is running, there will be no power on wire C. Your mirror should function with the button as always.

When truck is running, mirrors are out, the relay will be open, no power on wire c. Shut truck off, relay should close, send power down wire c and fold mirrors.
When you start the truck, key will cycle past the run position, which will open the relay, and as soon as you go to start position, relay will close and mirrors will open. After returning to run position, relay will be open, No power on wire C.

This worked for us. Not sure if it will work on your year range of truck. Also not sure of wire colors for your year. Hence why i used letters for the wires. We obviously used a 2amp fuse so that it would blow quickly if something was wrong. It took us hours. But we were learning as we went. I know its not ideal to have power on that wire when truck is off. But like i said, in our situation it has not affected anything yet.

03 7.3l 550, FRx, 6637 mod, 4 inch turbo back, ccv delete, aih delete, HPx, Riffraffs OCR, Turbo-pyro-boost-coolant EV2 gauges, Bullydog GT tuner.

03 X 6.0 175/30 warren sticks, Livewire TS w/ warren tunes, Blue spring mod, atlas 40 ficm, 270amp dc power alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
goats lives matter.
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
What would make this better, in my opinion, would be adding a time delay circuit to the mirror retraction. Adjustable time delay from 5 to 15 minutes would be ideal in my simple thoughts. This would prevent the mirrors retracting if you stopped for a short break, store visit, etc. And should you forget to retract the mirrors, the time delay would expire and automatically retract the mirrors.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode