Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

winch

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  00t444e 
#1 ·
Hey guys...looking for some help. I have a 2015 f250 and was wondering what size winch would be a good for that truck. Also has anyone done a hidden mount on a 2015 as I would like to keep the stock bumper and just hide the winch behind it if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
would you be pulling your truck out by itself mostly or like truck and trailer combo mostly? I always ran 1.5x the truck/cargo weight and its never let me down yet. so a say a 14k winch or 16k whichever size it more common would be good for a normal f250/f250. Soon as you add a travel trailer or heavy trailer the winch and extra bracing/snatch block will be needed.

I haven't ran WARN's hidden winch but I have seen a dozen in person they looked really good, just a little $$$ for me.

A snatch block, some 10k D rings/clevises, couple appropriately rated recovery straps would be good too.

on my off road rig and the side by side, 2 straps, snatch block, 2 d rings and that's been enough for 99% of winch needs other than say another truck for extra sticky times.

#3 ·
Justin, Thanks for the reply bud. I would most likely just be using to pull other people out or myself. I hooked up to a HD Chevy that was down to the frame in some really soft sand that did not seem to have a bottom and I just sank. Took a tractor to pull us both out and I got to thinking that a winch would probably come in pretty hand in this situation. Not something that I would use all the time but it would be nice to know that I have it in case I need it.

#5 ·
12K minimum for the winch, Warn is good but they are expensive, Smittybilt makes a good winch for the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.