1Likes
  • 1 Post By PullingHome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-22-2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
295/65R20 on 20x9 with 0 offset

I know the tire fit issue has been discussed at length, but I can't find what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated. I just bought a set of Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II wheels. I was planning on running the stock tires until they wear out, but I hate the way they look with the new wheels. I would like to run 295/65R20 but I do not want to lift or level my truck if I can help it. I have a 2016 F350 SRW 4x4 CC LB with a replacement front bumper. I'm looking at Cooper STT Pro, General Grabber X3, or Toyo Open Country A/T II. I would really prefer the Cooper ST Maxx but they don't come in the 295/65R20.
295/65R20 on 20x9 with 0 offset-img_4444.jpg
Is anyone running 295/65R20 tires on 20x9 wheels with 5" backspace and 0 offset on a stock height F350?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-23-2017, 04:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I tend to think you would be okay. It's not a very aggressive set up but unfortunately I can't guarantee it.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH IT'S KINO View Post
I tend to think you would be okay. It's not a very aggressive set up but unfortunately I can't guarantee it.

Thanks for the feed back.
Turns out it wasn't so much the look of the stock Michelin tires I hated with the new wheels, it was the chrome steps. Took them off tonight and the truck looks 100% better. Getting amp research steps installed tomorrow so I can have the best of both worlds. Steps so short people can get in the truck easily and still keep the tummy tucked look. They were on my to do list anyway. I will reconsider the leveling kit and bigger tires when the Michelins wear out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-28-2017, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard07 View Post
Thanks for the feed back.
Turns out it wasn't so much the look of the stock Michelin tires I hated with the new wheels, it was the chrome steps. Took them off tonight and the truck looks 100% better. Getting amp research steps installed tomorrow so I can have the best of both worlds. Steps so short people can get in the truck easily and still keep the tummy tucked look. They were on my to do list anyway. I will reconsider the leveling kit and bigger tires when the Michelins wear out.

I loved my Amp steps on my last truck. With a 0 offset and those tires you may likely rub. I am running 295/65R20s with a +12 offset and 2" level and come close to rubbing on the front bumper mount. That can be solved though by a little trim and moving the bumper forward a bit from what I've read though.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-28-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHome View Post
I loved my Amp steps on my last truck. With a 0 offset and those tires you may likely rub. I am running 295/65R20s with a +12 offset and 2" level and come close to rubbing on the front bumper mount. That can be solved though by a little trim and moving the bumper forward a bit from what I've read though.

Thanks. I was worried about rubbing on the fenders. Looks pretty close with these wheels and the stock tires. I'm going to run the stock tires until they wear out. Then I guess I will go ahead and do a 2.5" leveling kit, 295/65R20s, and air bags in the rear to keep it level while towing. I'm really happy with the amp steps and with the way the truck looks for now.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Removing the chrome steps made a big difference.
295/65R20 on 20x9 with 0 offset-img_4460.jpg
post #7 of 10 Old 05-28-2017, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard07 View Post
Removing the chrome steps made a big difference.
Attachment 625674

Good looking setup. Agree looks better without the chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WildCard07 likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-28-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHome View Post
Good looking setup. Agree looks better without the chrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Rear bumper should be here in the next week or two. Then the truck will be mostly de-chromed except for the grill and badges. I don't plan to mess with those.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-12-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Fast forward to 70,000 miles and I finally wore out the stock Michelin tires. Very impressed with the mileage I got out of these tires but it was definitely time for a new set. I went ahead and put on a set of Toyo ATII tires in 295/65R20. And as I was afraid, they do rub mounted on 20x9 Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II wheels with zero offset. I trimmed the inner fender well to clear and they do not rub while making turns on flat ground anymore. If I hit a decent bump while turning or make a turn up hill I do still get a slight rub on the wheel well liner and possibly on the sheet metal at the pinch weld. It is very close to the sheet metal at the pinch weld. Now I am considering going back to a stock or aftermarket wheel with some positive offset to give a little more room between the tire and fender while turning or going ahead with a lift or leveling kit. I tow a gooseneck frequently so I really did not want to lift the truck and I’m not sure a 2” leveling kit will give enough clearance. I do love the look of zero offset wheels. Gives the truck just enough tire outside the fender to look good without sticking out too much to the point of needing fender flares. No clearance problems on the bumper side with the steel front bumper.

post #10 of 10 Old 08-23-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Went ahead and installed a Ready Lift 2.5” coil spring lift on the front and Air Lift 7500XL bags on the back. Plenty of room for the 295/65R20’s on 20x9’s with 5” backspacing now. Truck looks and handles great. Very happy with the outcome so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode