6.7 Electronics Discussion (2017-2019) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-27-2019, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Backup camera

is there a way to set the backup camera to stay on in forward and reverse for trailer hookup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You would think so, but I have not found a way to do it yet either. It keeps telling me how unsafe it is to drive with the camera on. GEEZ !!! I am beginning to wish I had kept my 2002 7.3 with the camera I put in myself. It didn't care if I was moving forward or backward or going down the road at 75mph; I could still look at the trailer behind me or the guy riding my but. $45,000 for a truck with three cameras none of which work if you're moving. But it will blow the horn at me if I get out and leave the engine running. I've had it about a month, and not sure I'm gonna keep it.
Sorry, I went off on a tangent there. More than you asked for...sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B.A. McGhee
Appalachian Hillbilly
Virginia Redneck
American By Birth
Southern By The Grace of God
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That would be cool if you could do that. You would think the engineers would think similar to the customers, maybe not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Premium Member

I wish they ask people who actually use their trucks about stuff like this. But, I guess they never will. Too many people in design and engineering that sit in an office all day. Oh well, thanks for your reply.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,056 Times in 985 Posts
Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
While I agree that it would be convenient to be able to use the rear camera while going down the road, that pretty much equates to watching a video and the NTSB doesn't allow that. It's really out of the manufacturer's hands.

You can disable the horn honk with Forscan though.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #6 of 8 Old 09-15-2019, 10:03 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
While I agree that it would be convenient to be able to use the rear camera while going down the road, that pretty much equates to watching a video and the NTSB doesn't allow that. It's really out of the manufacturer's hands.

You can disable the horn honk with Forscan though.

Not an NTSB matter. Each state has the right to regulate whether video in view of the driver is allowed or not. Dodge Ram trucks allow their cameras on during forward movement. All the cameras and viewers ordered as add on equipment allow it.
I have ordered equipment to start with Forscan. First on the agenda is stopping the horn from blasting so much of the time. Secondly, to look for a way to keep the cameras on. I'l let you know when I find a way.

B.A. McGhee
Appalachian Hillbilly
Virginia Redneck
American By Birth
post #7 of 8 Old 09-15-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I originally started this post it was just for hooking up a bumper pull trailer. There must be a code like in legend of zelda.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-16-2019, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

I believe there is a way. I have some parts on order with tools to help me with my theory. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

B.A. McGhee
Appalachian Hillbilly
Virginia Redneck
American By Birth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in