7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It will void the warranty if its related to software. If you get something like a broke button or dead pixels you will still be fine. the problem with operating it while its stock you can't haven't it automatically go to sleep and wake up on power states. This is fine if you do a setup that you can remove the tablet but if you do a more permanent install it will be a pain. You could try to add and external button for power but i didn't want to open up the tablet to try it.

I went ahead and upgraded to the 5.02 as i wanted to play with the new android version. with that i am running his V3 Beta for it. So far it is working well

I plan on getting a software defined usb radio for it as soon as i get my steering wheel controls working. my module for that should be here Friday. But i plan on just storing music on it or on a thumb drive for when i am out of range for music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Garage
as far as rooting and installing his packages, if you get read up on the process and are carefull you won't have a problem. As long as you get a recovering installed and working before you mess with the operating system you can always find the factory version online. Because the nexus was meant to be more open they host all of the factory images online for easy access so you can always revert back if you have a problems.
k7lvo likes this.

2011 F350 4x4 XLT Super Cab,
Nexus 7 dash install.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

EZ-Lynk PPEI SOTF Tunes
DP back Flo Pro Dual Exhaust
EGR Delete with pass-through plate
No Limit Stage 2 5" intake
more to come
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuchTrk For This Useful Post:
k7lvo (03-19-2015)
post #13 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I only figured to wait a week or so for the software. I've watched one YouTube video on rooting; I'm going to read up on it a bit more before I dive in...

Lewis

2014 F-250 XLT CCSB 4X4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 11:52 AM

Those are pretty good tablets

F-350 dually crew cab shortbox 228k

Crompton and Son Custom baling
post #15 of 55 Old 03-19-2015, 10:22 PM

Rooted and donation sent to Timur.

Yes, Dieselman, I'm impressed with it.

Lewis

2014 F-250 XLT CCSB 4X4

post #16 of 55 Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The nexus line is really good. I use a Nexus 4 phone and a Nexus 9 tablet. Never thought to put one in my dash though. Very neat writeup.
post #17 of 55 Old 03-20-2015, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7...tml?highlight=
SuchTrk likes this.

2012 F250 CCSB 6.7 (3.73 gears) H&S Minimaxx (My own tuning), H&S 64mm turbo kit, H&S Dual Fueler, H&S Low Pressure Fuel System, H&S CCV delete, No Limit s2 Intake, PMF 3-link, PMF traction bars, Fox 2.0s, Icon 2.5" coils, Platinum 20s w/ 295/65 toyo at2s, Airlift bags and wireless controller, TFI 50gal, rollX, AMPboards,
post #18 of 55 Old 03-21-2015, 11:44 AM

Timur's Kernel is installed. Parts should be arriving Tuesday...

Lewis

2014 F-250 XLT CCSB 4X4

post #19 of 55 Old 03-23-2015, 09:35 PM

SuchTrk, I hope your project is progressing satisfactorily. So far I've obtained:
and

The N7 is rooted and Temur's Kernel is installed; everything seems to be running fine.

A couple of confusing things:
1. The replacement 90* micro USB cable isn't listed as an OTG cable, but it seems to be doing the job.

2. The description on Amazon for the "Y" cable specifically states that it won't charge the tablet, but it is. ???

I connected the OTG "Y" cable in line with the standard N7 charger while watching the Power Event Manager. I enabled F1 mode, fast charging, and firm sleep. Show suspend screen... And show wake up toast were enabled by default.

External power and charging battery indicated correctly when the power cable was plugged into the female micro USB. The tablet shut down and came back to life when power was disconnected and reconnected.

Where did you find the 12V switched that stays hot while the key is in the "start" position? It doesn't appear that the 12V switched to the stock radio does.

Lewis

2014 F-250 XLT CCSB 4X4

post #20 of 55 Old 03-28-2015, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Serving Our Country!

Garage
Looks good but I wanted to do other things with the BT. Keeping the factory radio and just installing the tablet on top is easyer but streaming music on BT takes a lot of bandwidth. So I desided to pull the factory stereo completely. This way I can use the BT for torque and a radar detector and not worry about music skipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode