Build list for my retrofited headlights. - Page 9 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 85 Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IC she's a sweet heart, you better get busy cleaning the garage, LOL.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 85 Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Garage has been cleaned haha. We had just broken down a very large tent from a block party we had. Yeah, it was a mess for a while.
post #83 of 85 Old 12-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hey there new guy here about to order my stuff for my retro ive seen people with 6.7s use both of these kits and i have heard nothing but good things about both. only difference is retro-solutions offers a lifetime warranty on there hid kits so ill likely be going that route .
The Retrofit Source Inc
https://retro-solutions.net/cart.php...amp=1418739466

so for the install with the newer style "easy fit" projectors
all you have to do back the truck up from the wall 25 feet mark where the oem light cut off is on the wall using masking tape, grind the back oem h13 housing part down to allow the nut from the projector to stick out use the supplied washer to sink it in and align itself ,wire them up using supplied the supplied h13 adapter harness, line them up according to the oem cut off marked as best as possible. and thats it?
ill also say i have painted a few sets with some friends so getting them apart isnt hard for me.. just want to make sure i am fully understanding the process here before placing a order if i have missed any steps please add to it!..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 85 Old 12-22-2014, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txsd1211 View Post
hey there new guy here about to order my stuff for my retro ive seen people with 6.7s use both of these kits and i have heard nothing but good things about both. only difference is retro-solutions offers a lifetime warranty on there hid kits so ill likely be going that route .
The Retrofit Source Inc
https://retro-solutions.net/cart.php...amp=1418739466

so for the install with the newer style "easy fit" projectors
all you have to do back the truck up from the wall 25 feet mark where the oem light cut off is on the wall using masking tape, grind the back oem h13 housing part down to allow the nut from the projector to stick out use the supplied washer to sink it in and align itself ,wire them up using supplied the supplied h13 adapter harness, line them up according to the oem cut off marked as best as possible. and thats it?
ill also say i have painted a few sets with some friends so getting them apart isnt hard for me.. just want to make sure i am fully understanding the process here before placing a order if i have missed any steps please add to it!..
I know this thread is a week or so old but it sounds like you pretty much have it figured out. The only thing I'm unsure of is when you sand the base down I think you will also be sanding away the location that the alignment washer will set in so you will have to manually align them. Still should be easy. I almost went with the Mini H1 6.0 kit but ended up with the D2S 3.0 square lens for my install. My parts should be here tomorrow and I hope to get them done this weekend.
post #85 of 85 Old 12-29-2014, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I put my order in for the D2S 3.0 retrofit kit. I do not think I will be doing any painting. I had paint matched retrofits in my previous truck and did not think they made that much of a difference (I can't see the paint while driving anyway.)

The only part I am concerned about is splitting the headlights!

Also, I ordered the Denso ballasts with the idea that I can continue to use the auto on/off lights. With the morimoto ballasts, it had to be manual and I did not like that at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode