My HID Retrofit Project - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 100 Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I see. That sucks hard, I just took some reflectors out of the 08 style super duty lamps at work that was involved in a crash. The lens was smashed out but the reflectors were still there. The two mounting pivots were free due to the housing being smashed but the adjustment pivot wasn't. Is the mounting mechanism a socket style setup much like the turn signal bulb? Instead of pulling on the reflector I threaded the adjustment stud all the way out until it unthreaded from the holder. This freed the reflector since the other two mounting spots were busted out. I don't know how that would help the other two mounting spots however. Good luck, keep at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 100 Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 PM

I was thinking, if the adjustment stud threads out of the adjuster that would free one of the three mounting spots. This would then somewhat free the shield I would think maybe allowing you to tilt the reflector housing to get a better angle on the screws that hold the ball mounts in place?
post #23 of 100 Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan572 View Post
I was thinking, if the adjustment stud threads out of the adjuster that would free one of the three mounting spots. This would then somewhat free the shield I would think maybe allowing you to tilt the reflector housing to get a better angle on the screws that hold the ball mounts in place?
That where I'm at right now. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow night and see if I can get in there. I'm also thinking the tabs may be more flexible and easier to open if I bake it one more time. I'll give an update when I get a chance to attempt it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F-350 Lariat FX4 CCSB
2.5" Carli Commuter
Carli High Mount Steering Stabilizer
AFE Cold Air Intake
Truxedo Lo Pro QT
Line-X
Dura-Flap Mud Flaps
Timbren SES
High Idle
35x12.5x20 Toyo AT II Extreme
H&S Mini Maxx, 4" AFE Turbo Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 100 Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM

I can't say for sure because it's been a few months since I did this project. But if I remember correctly, I used a very small flathead screwdriver to pry the tabs inside that bracket away from the metal socket, so it can unsnap from it. When re-installing, I think I remember it snapping into the bracket and being held by the tension of the plastic arms over the lip on the metal stud. If I remember there are two plastic arms on each side of the metal socket, pry them back carefully while pulling out the bowl.

2008 F250 Harley Davidson 4x4, Upgraded LED lighting, JL Audio 13.5" Stealthbox, JL Audio C3 door speakers, JL Audio 500.1 for the stealthbox, JL Audio 400.4 for the doors, Viper 5704 alarm/SmartStart and GPS tracker, JimmiJammer door plates, JimmiJammer gateguard, Delete front lock/rear handle swap, DPF delete, MiniMaxx, 2.5" level, Sinister coolant filter, 55w 6000k HID's driving/fog lights, S+B CAI, MBRP 5" DP back exhaust, 35x12.5x20 TIS 20" rims, Nitto Trail Grapplers, adjustable track bar.
post #25 of 100 Old 12-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
I can't say for sure because it's been a few months since I did this project. But if I remember correctly, I used a very small flathead screwdriver to pry the tabs inside that bracket away from the metal socket, so it can unsnap from it. When re-installing, I think I remember it snapping into the bracket and being held by the tension of the plastic arms over the lip on the metal stud. If I remember there are two plastic arms on each side of the metal socket, pry them back carefully while pulling out the bowl.
I think that's how I did it too tony, but it's been a whole since then!

2017 f250 platinum
Deleted at 8k miles.. trying to be patient waiting for custom tunes...
post #26 of 100 Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Emergency Services

Got it, needed a second set of hands to help me out and it was simple.

Tony, what did you use for the metal? From the JNC method I got that it should be 1/8" by about 1/2"? Also about 12" of metal for each bracket, what kind of screws or bolts? This is the only thing I'm a bit apprehensive about; drilling and bending metal isn't exactly my forte... I thought I would be better off doing the JNC method, I tend to hit railroad tracks and dirt roads somewhat hard so I'd need to be able to adjust them if they come out of alignment lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.5" Carli Commuter
AFE Cold Air Intake
Truxedo Lo Pro QT
Line-X
Dura-Flap Mud Flaps
Timbren SES
High Idle
post #27 of 100 Old 01-05-2014, 11:49 AM

????
post #28 of 100 Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Emergency Services

Sorry for the lack of a post, I've been busy with work and it was 9 degrees here today so I didn't have much of chance to get some work done. I believe I bought everything I need:
8-32 2.5" stainless steel screws, matching sealing spacers and nylock nuts. I also managed to get my hands on a 48" piece of 1/8"x3/4" aluminum that I think should be the right size to use the JNC mounting method.

I'm going to try get the bowls cut up tomorrow. I still haven't figured out the whole bracket-bending part but I'll try and figure it out once I have the projectors fitted perfectly in there.

2.5" Carli Commuter
AFE Cold Air Intake
Truxedo Lo Pro QT
Line-X
Dura-Flap Mud Flaps
Timbren SES
High Idle
post #29 of 100 Old 01-21-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Emergency Services

Have tomorrow off due to the weather. Tony, did you start with the existing hole for the halogen and just widen it? Or did you drop it lower to accommodate the brackets? I looked through your thread but all of the images need to be rehoused, I can't see what it looks like with the shroud mounted or any of the pics through the process. I decided to swap my apollos for the 2.0 version as I believe they'll look better with the halos, and the overall shape makes it easier in these reflectors.

2.5" Carli Commuter
AFE Cold Air Intake
Truxedo Lo Pro QT
Line-X
Dura-Flap Mud Flaps
Timbren SES
High Idle
post #30 of 100 Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbybc12 View Post
Have tomorrow off due to the weather. Tony, did you start with the existing hole for the halogen and just widen it? Or did you drop it lower to accommodate the brackets? I looked through your thread but all of the images need to be rehoused, I can't see what it looks like with the shroud mounted or any of the pics through the process. I decided to swap my apollos for the 2.0 version as I believe they'll look better with the halos, and the overall shape makes it easier in these reflectors.

I ended up ordering the 2.0 apollos too. They fit pretty good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode