2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brad Gunn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-26-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just finished installing my double din in my truck. Wanted to post here and make it available for people to find as I found information kind of hard to come by. I will post part numbers of everything I used in a little bit after I take a break. Just installed it in the parking lot of my hotel in Houston and I am not used to the humidity, it got me.

Truck is a 2015 F250 XL. Didn’t have sync or anything like that. Not even any kind of Bluetooth, so that’s why I wanted to replace it in the first place. I’m not a “fancy” snob so I did it the absolute cheapest way possible while still doing it “right”. I simply wanted Bluetooth capabilities. Nothing more, nothing less. So I got a Pioneer AVH110BT head unit. Nothing fancy. Cost a whopping $120 at Walmart. I’m in to this for a total of $150 and couldn’t be happier.

Initial impression, I’m actually surprised in the quality for being that cheap. Touch screen is responsive. Decent UI. It’s a 4/5. One thing I ran into while installing was after splicing all the wires to their same colored partners on the harnesses, I wasn’t getting the stereo to power on. I soon found out after prodding around with a DVOM that the factory power supply is only 5V. You need 12 to power the unit. I found a bundle of wires taped up where the harness goes out the firewall and in that bundle was a wh/blue keyed power wire. I ran my wire to that and viola, problem solved. Everything else went smooth as could be. Looks good, sounds good, and I have Bluetooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	447E4BFF-65F5-45A5-98ED-88BA1C0CC8B2_1561600197448.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	720357  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Beach Bum

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looks good man. I just changd mine out also but I did the maestro route so it would power up from the bcm like normal and still have my sync.

question I have is which adapter kit did you use? I used the one from best buy and its pretty ****ty.

2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
2004 Jetta TDI
LSP Chapter Director

LSP Group Threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-11-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I used the same one probably. Got mine at best buy. Definitely not the best quality but it did the job and looks decent enough. I cant complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
looks good man. I just changd mine out also but I did the maestro route so it would power up from the bcm like normal and still have my sync.

question I have is which adapter kit did you use? I used the one from best buy and its pretty ****ty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks good! I would highly recommend using crutchfield. You usually get the din adapters, and brackets and a oem wire harness adapter free with purchases. Used them for various import and domestic cars and trucks with great success. Only downfall is not touching units before hand but hasn't been an issue yet.

Speakers, amps, subs, single/double dins all of etc on Subarus, Fords old and new, Toyotas etc. They have top notch customer support and so far all their products appear to be of good quality. I actually enjoy this stuff because every vehicle is a new challenge. Great job again though!

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
post #5 of 5 Old 07-11-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Looks good! I would highly recommend using crutchfield. You usually get the din adapters, and brackets and a oem wire harness adapter free with purchases. Used them for various import and domestic cars and trucks with great success. Only downfall is not touching units before hand but hasn't been an issue yet.

Speakers, amps, subs, single/double dins all of etc on Subarus, Fords old and new, Toyotas etc. They have top notch customer support and so far all their products appear to be of good quality. I actually enjoy this stuff because every vehicle is a new challenge. Great job again though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode