9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 Old 04-10-2019, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have 2 strips lights that were mounted under the bed rails that I didn't even know where there until one fell out! LOL

I wired in my new Third brake light and noticed that these lights must have been wired in there but have since been disconnected by P.O. I tested them off a battery and they work so now I am just figuring if i want them to come on with the doors (Cargo Light wire?) or if I want to just run them on a switch. I figure I only need them when Im working in/on the bed so a switch right next to the tailgate area would do it.

decisions, decisions.....
fordmanmark1 likes this.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 04-10-2019, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I wired mine to the parking lights, when I hit the key fob the lights come on momentarily. When I drive the switch on the bed lights is in the on position, so I drive with the bed lights always on at night. I can turn them off with the switch by the tailgate but leave them on. They’re really not visible unless my bed cover is open. If I’m loading something the bed cover and tailgait are usually open, I hit the key fon and it illuminates the bed so I can see.

Thanks and have a goodun, Rollo!
post #13 of 13 Old 04-15-2019, 06:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014six.7 View Post
I wired mine to the parking lights, when I hit the key fob the lights come on momentarily. When I drive the switch on the bed lights is in the on position, so I drive with the bed lights always on at night. I can turn them off with the switch by the tailgate but leave them on. Theyíre really not visible unless my bed cover is open. If Iím loading something the bed cover and tailgait are usually open, I hit the key fon and it illuminates the bed so I can see.
Thats not a bad idea. I like the idea of them coming on each time I hit the unlock button.

I will probably wire it to the cargo light though so I can keep it on when I want to.
fordmanmark1 likes this.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode