Android Auto & Torque Pro - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Android Auto & Torque Pro

I've been toying with the idea of getting guages onto my aftermarket Pioneer radio. I was looking into building a Raspberry PI that had something like OBD-PI installed, linking that to my stereo AUX input & having the guages right there. But then I thought, I've got Torque Pro running on my phone & it has all of the Ford Specific codes already loaded, I dont know how well a PI based program could handle those codes or if it would even have those codes installed & Im not Python code writer.
I have a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX installed in my 2011. From what I can tell, I could add the Maestro idatalink interface to that & link my head unit to my OBDII port in my truck & get alot of those to show up on my head unit. But that requires another $1xx.xx to get the Maestro interface, plus pulling the head unit back out, installing everything, etc. Plus my truck is a "work truck". It doesnt have all of the fancy bells & whistles. No heated seats or fancy AC system or steering wheel controls which it looks like thats a large part of what the Maestro will also help with. All I want is the ability to add guages to my HU.
The Pioneer already has Android Auto built in & I have Torque Pro installed on my Android Phone. Gotta be something that works? Then I found this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...orque-t3657805
It looks like someone smarter than me felt the same way. It appears to be a way to add Torque to your Android Auto head unit. Sadly, my 2011 with the updated Pioneer Head Unit doesnt currently have a Bluetooth OBDII adapter, it has a OBDII GPS tracker that I use for business mileage. My 2005 6.0L has my OBDII bluetooth adapter that I use for my Torque Pro app but it doesnt have an aftermarket head unit. So I cant actually test this out right now. I've got to get an OBDII Bluetooth adapter & an OBDII Splitter so I can use both the bluetooth adapter & the OBDII GPS tracker for business expenses. Guess Its time to order some stuff from Amazon & test this out. Anyone else tried it? If this works, I'll be very happy. Much quicker & easier & cheaper than the Maestro or the Raspberry Pi option (although the Raspberry Pi option would be fun to build!) Now if this works, it will definitely be a reason to upgrade the HU in my 2005!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-11-2017, 02:45 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Coffee must have kicked in....LOL

I know I have seen several people running an HU that provides an Android based system. They then load the app they prefer, then run the OBD II connector. This allows them to run the app showing the PIDs they want to monitor. For the OBD II, I know in the past a splitter has not worked well trying to run two OBD II devices.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode