Has anyone ever tried swapping a 2012 navy unit with a 2013-2016 nav. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone ever tried swapping a 2012 navy unit with a 2013-2016 nav.

Hey what's going on everyone, brand new to this forum and had a question for you guys. Has anyone ever tried to do the navigation unit swap from a 2013 - 2016 onto a 2011-2012. I know there is a few components like that Dash that would need to be swapped with it plus wiring. Just wondering if anyone has done it and the cost. I absolutely love those units and am totally thinking about finding one from a wrecked truck. Thanks for any and all input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-01-2017, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Most people would not go to that trouble. Instead they go with aftermarket unit.

The radio is on the communications bus. This might present a problem between the two styles of radios used in the earlier verses the later model trucks. The later model trucks only have a CD, the earlier models have a DVD player.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles
post #3 of 6 Old 09-03-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay I apologize about the lack of detail in my first post. But in reality I just want the new screen in my 2012. If I can't get the nav that's fine but overall I like the layout better in the 13-16 year models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Youll have to swap the entire dashboard and get the updated APIM and change wiring/pins etc for it to play well together.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have been pondering this same idea. I already have the nav in my 2011 but want the newer style screen. I do not think you need to swap the entire dash, just the center and top of it. We were already comparing my 11 to my buddies 16. the wiring and cost to do it is what worries me. It may be as easy as unplugging and plugging in the new
post #6 of 6 Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by regalman4925 View Post
I have been pondering this same idea. I already have the nav in my 2011 but want the newer style screen. I do not think you need to swap the entire dash, just the center and top of it. We were already comparing my 11 to my buddies 16. the wiring and cost to do it is what worries me. It may be as easy as unplugging and plugging in the new
The dash topper on a 11-12 top is a single piece. You'd have to change that at least out.

Your best bet is to find a wrecked truck with the complete dash and wiring. Then you need to reprogram the APIM and ACM to play nice together.

I want to do this swap too. Waiting patiently for someone else to take the first step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode