6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-28-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SYNC Problems

I have to say, this Sync Gen 2 system has at times been a real PITA. At the begining, it was just some simple nav mess ups, like the cursor would follow alongside the road, that did get a little bad when driving south once and the cursor kept going off the road, and the nav kept recalculating, the dealer did some work on it and got it working again. However lately, it has been pretty much an all out downhill run: voice recognition software, doesn't understand simple commands like calling or picking a radio station. The nav system is running at half the speed it was when brand new (a little tangent here, the techs say in 2013 the nav software was up to date, I find that to be a whole bunch of BS, I have driven by places all over the eastern half of the US that NEVER existed. Like gas stations or POIs or even streets. So someone at Fords tech dept needs to pull their head out of their *** and up date the software.) Back on track, the system likes to drop calls when I have full 4G service, it likes to disconnect my iPod with no warning (been doing that since day 1). And just recently I was setting up a route with two stop offs and a final destination, the thing just about started smoking, it just stopped and froze, I tried turning off the truck and opening the door, and the screen stayed the same. Eventually while talking to my dealer (after about 10 mins) the screen went blank and then the "SYNC Maintenance" screen came up and it went back to normal.

Anyways I am taking the truck in to have the sync system looked at, and it sucks because I just lost my extended warranty.

So in case they say that the HU is defective, what are my aftermarket options for something that is similar to the sync system, cause I do like the voice features, though better sound quality would be a plus.

Work Truck: 2010 F350 KR Oxford aka 'Polar Xpress'

DD/Tow Rig: 2014 F350 KR aka 'Blue 343' - RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ford F250 CrewCab SWB 4X4 XLT. Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4" MBRP 409 SS Turbo-Back w/ Cat & Muff Delete
SCT Livewire w/ Looney Tunes, Courtesy of Vivian
Revtek 2.5" Level Kit
Nitto TG From Discount Tire
LineX
HID Highs/Lows 6000K.
Front & Rear Strobes & Front Dual Talon LED Dash Light, All Whelen;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
What year is your truck?

In 2013, Ford when with multiple components to encompass the radio in the new trucks with only a CD player. The 2011-2012 used a "brick" style radio with an internal hard disk and a DVD player.

The Nav software has been updated a number of times for both styles of radios. The 2011-2012 used a DVD to load the new maps. The 2013 and newer use an SD card for the maps. Last month I updated the SD card on my truck.

The most current version for the 2013 and up is pn GM5T-19H449-AB version on the SD is A8. Can be found on eBay for approx $50.

To update the 2011-2012 Nav, you will have to visit a NAV site to order a new DVD serialized to your radio. Cost is approx $150-175.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles
post #3 of 3 Old 08-28-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Truck is 14 F350

Work Truck: 2010 F350 KR Oxford aka 'Polar Xpress'

DD/Tow Rig: 2014 F350 KR aka 'Blue 343' - RIP

Ford F250 CrewCab SWB 4X4 XLT. Sold

4" MBRP 409 SS Turbo-Back w/ Cat & Muff Delete
SCT Livewire w/ Looney Tunes, Courtesy of Vivian
Revtek 2.5" Level Kit
Nitto TG From Discount Tire
LineX
HID Highs/Lows 6000K.
Front & Rear Strobes & Front Dual Talon LED Dash Light, All Whelen;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode