Sync Annoyance since update - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-20-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sync Annoyance since update

So I finally updated my sync the other day, and starting to wish I hadn't. I had 3.6, now I'm on 3.8.

I very rarely use blue tooth audio with my phone, my wife on the other hand uses it 99% of the time.

My phone is set as the favorite. Before the update my phone would automatically connect to sync but the blue tooth didn't connect unless I clicked on it, I was happy with this. After the update, when it connects my phone, it automatically connects the phone AND the blue tooth audio, a slight annoyance but I did figure out how to turn it off in my phone profile so that it doesn't automatically connect the audio now.

My issue now is this. Before the update, when my wife would drive the truck it would connect to her phone fine, then she would select the blue tooth audio and it worked fine. If she shut the truck off and left, then went back to the truck it would automatically reconnect the blue tooth audio, which is what we want it to do, but since the update hers won't automatically reconnect the blue tooth audio and I have it set to on, in her phone profile. The only way I can find to get it to reconnect the audio on her phone is to set her phone as the favorite, which completely defeats the purpose.

Can I get it to work the way it used to or am I screwed because of the update? It's only a slight annoyance, but it worked the way we wanted it to before the update. This is why I hate updating things that aren't giving me problems.

2014 CCSB Tri Coat Metallic

6 inch Pro Comp

37" Toyo MT on 20x10 Black Fuel Hostages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-20-2016, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I did a reset and battery cable off reset, nothing changed, but I think I figured out the issue.

When I turn the key on with my phone in range, my phone (Galaxy s5) connects to sync almost instantly, but if I try the same with my wife's phone (Iphone 6s) it takes it several seconds before it will connect. I think what's happening is it's trying to connect the blue tooth audio but since the phone is taking so long to connect, the radio just reverts back to FM like it normally would without a blue tooth input. If I switch her phone to favorite, then it connects faster so it almost seems like they changed something where it looks for the favorite phone longer than it used to before trying to find the secondary phone.

I may shoot an email to a ford rep I came across on an explorer forum, but I'm thinking there's not gonna be much I can do about it.

2014 CCSB Tri Coat Metallic

6 inch Pro Comp

37" Toyo MT on 20x10 Black Fuel Hostages
post #3 of 4 Old 04-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had to install the update a couple of times to make everything work correctly. I lost all my Nav functions. Just a thought to try to re-install and see if it clears up the issue.

2013 F350, Adobe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I would take this issue over how horribly MyTouch handles USB Music. Damn this system.

2015 F350 DRW Platinum, SCT X4, EDGE CTS2, aFe PDS, AirLift 5000 Ultimate & Wireless Air, Lund LED Bull Bar, RC Grille bar, B&W 5th Wheel, Stark LED Lighting
2010 F250, H&S Mini Maxx, aFe PDS, Diamond Eye 4", Pro Comp Nitro 2.5", Bilstein 5100, Westin Bull Bar, Bushwacker Pocket Style, B&W Slider, Firestone Ride-Rite, Fuel Hostage 20x10, Pioneer/Kicker/JL Audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode