6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 Old 04-10-2016, 05:28 PM
AMERICA!

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sounds like blwnsmoke has got a nice setup. I had no idea there were cameras out there that did all that, but I have never looked into them too much.

I have one of Rodslinger's old dash cams that I need to find a mount for and get it installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,116 Times in 2,024 Posts
Mentioned: 430 Post(s)
Quoted: 3127 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ive been in the market... just havent pulled the trigger.

GD

Quote:
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #13 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lukas is one of the best brands out there on the market.. they are not your typical $99 Walmart special.

The 9370 I have in my wife's car now has built in wifi so you can connect your phone or tablet to it and review video or live footage. The 9390 I got for my truck with all the Lane departure etc stuff I believe is first to market.

The lane departure and the "coo coo" work very well. The crash detection needs some work and they keep coming out with software update to make it better. I've disabled it because it goes off too often, especially with not being able to determine the difference between cars in front of me going the same direction and oncoming cars.

Here is my 9370 review with pics and video. Disregard the MAC issues, that has been resolved and works flawlessly now.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...as-9370.16177/

Here is someone else's review of the 9390. The 9390 doesn't have the built in wifi which was a disappointment but works really well.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...and-gps.15126/

You can buy from Lukas Direct | Your Lukas Store

I've been dealing with one of the owners for many months now and they are fantastic.

They come with a power cable with 3 wires. One ties into an accessory line, one a constant and then the negative. So when you shut the truck off, it detects the accessory power has shut off and goes into parking mode (motion/impact recording only) to prevent battery drain on the vehicle. You can also set it to shut off at any voltage at 0.1v intervals as a backup. When you start the truck, it then senses the accessory power is back and goes to full recording.
Heavy_GD likes this.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 06:26 AM
Gun Nut

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
My wife runs one like I gave Jeff and it works GREAT and the price is sweet. I'm now running my GoPro but it's not ideal for a dash cam and night vision is non existent. You really need one that has good night vision.
And trust me it will pay for itself the first time some jack wagon hits YOU and tries to say it was your fault. They look pretty damn stupid when their insurance company and the police see the video.......just sayin.
john galt and Heavy_GD like this.

'05 F250, CC, FX4, 6.0 PSD

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

Please support our troops!

post #15 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 05:40 PM
AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
Lukas is one of the best brands out there on the market.. they are not your typical $99 Walmart special.

The 9370 I have in my wife's car now has built in wifi so you can connect your phone or tablet to it and review video or live footage. The 9390 I got for my truck with all the Lane departure etc stuff I believe is first to market.

The lane departure and the "coo coo" work very well. The crash detection needs some work and they keep coming out with software update to make it better. I've disabled it because it goes off too often, especially with not being able to determine the difference between cars in front of me going the same direction and oncoming cars.

Here is my 9370 review with pics and video. Disregard the MAC issues, that has been resolved and works flawlessly now.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...as-9370.16177/

Here is someone else's review of the 9390. The 9390 doesn't have the built in wifi which was a disappointment but works really well.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...and-gps.15126/

You can buy from Lukas Direct | Your Lukas Store

I've been dealing with one of the owners for many months now and they are fantastic.

They come with a power cable with 3 wires. One ties into an accessory line, one a constant and then the negative. So when you shut the truck off, it detects the accessory power has shut off and goes into parking mode (motion/impact recording only) to prevent battery drain on the vehicle. You can also set it to shut off at any voltage at 0.1v intervals as a backup. When you start the truck, it then senses the accessory power is back and goes to full recording.
What does the unit use to sense an impact?

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #16 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,044 Times in 938 Posts
Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
They have accelerometers inside to measure the acceleration. An impact - even slight - is pretty easy to detect.

The higher end cams have 3-axis accelerometers (up-down, side-to-side, fore-aft). Cheapo dash cams might only have one axis just to turn them on and off automatically.
john galt likes this.

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
post #17 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
i Have a Polaroid Wife got it for me off HSN, or QVC, for $79.
no nite vision but has 1080p, and the G force instant save if you are in a accident. that will save 3 min of the video.

2004 F250, SCSB, APR studs, Banks intercooler, Edge Insight, SCT with tune from Eric, atlas 40, deleted, 2" leveling kit, coolant filter, 6.4 banjo bolts with blue spring, Harpooned, Nathan K5LA. Nations 190 amp alt.
Twin Viair 480C's. BOSS superduty 8' poly plow.
post #18 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
Some type of shock sensor built in. Hit a good pothole, speed bump or close your door too hard and it will trigger an event recording.

There are different levels of sensitivity to adjust if needed.
john galt likes this.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

post #19 of 40 Old 04-11-2016, 07:35 PM
AMERICA!

Very interesting...

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

Quote:
post #20 of 40 Old 04-14-2016, 08:36 AM
zin
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have the garmin dash cam. It's kinda obvious but does all the shock stuff. I just plug it into the cig lighter sometimes I have to turn it on after it got to hot or something but it's nice to switch between vehicles and if some jack a$$ is messing with you and gets next to you I just reach up and turn the camera towards them and they usually stop pretty quick. It was about $200 a year ago. There is another one that records speed and direction and imprints it onto the video but I usually go 5 to 10mph over the speed limit and didn't want to incriminate myself showing someone the video. Dash Cam-imageuploadedbyautoguide1460648199.248510.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode