Disable traction control and turn on locker at any speed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Electronics Discussion (2011-2016) 6.7 Electronics Discussion

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 02-19-2016, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Disable traction control and turn on locker at any speed

Do not attempt this mod if you do not know how to drift your truck, or even know how to drive in uncontrolled circumstances. If you live a boring life and never venture onto dirt surfaces at high speed, then this mod is not for you. I assume no responsibility if you perform this mod. Mod at your own risk!!!!

Okay boys and girls. I have been wanting to do this mod for a long time. It was very intimidating because only one other has done it that I know of and very little documentation.

This is the wire you have to find. It lowers the ABS module which it turn operates advance trac Advance trac and ABS sucks for off road. In the sand the ABS could make you kill someone or yourself. I hit the brakes and the pedal goes to the floor.and the brakes do not work. I knocked off my airdam because I was going down a sand dune and when I hit the brakes it just kept going and when I got to the bottom of it we had picked up speed enough to rip the air dam off. So I decided that it was important to do the mod instead of trying to get the fuse out everytime I wanted to hit the dirt. So here we go.

Here is the diagram the Dizzle sent me. This why I call it the Dyzzle mod.
http://youtu.be/m43zEbSpPCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzzle View Post
Yep a wiring diagram will help to locate the pins

Where to tap into on the E locker

And the wire to tap into on the ABS side
Remove the fender well. Find the VT-OR (violet-orange strip) wire. It will be coming out of the rear of the fuse panel under the hood. Test it before cutting it with a test light by turning on the key and removing the fuse. The test ligt should be on with the fuse in and off when you pull it out.

Here is the wires tiddied up and ran through the fire wall. I just cut a small slit in the main wire harness grommet.

Here is the 4wd module. You will need to tap into the BN-VT wire. Do not cut it just tap into it. It is located on the left quick disconnect plug. I just soldered a wire to it.

Then wire the power out of fuse panel, power in to the advance trac and the tap from the hot side of the locker coil to a relay operated by what ever outfitter switch you want.

Here is a video of the final product.

http://youtu.be/m43zEbSpPCo

Last edited by Mannysouza; 03-03-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 12:37 AM
H&E
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well done, glad this was easy for you to figure out, I'm still confused!
Ragecajun and Mannysouza like this.
post #3 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 07:00 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Sweet. Basically the same way i did mine. only i didnt want to cut into wires so i actually removed the Fuse in the fuse box (54 i believe) and soldered wire to pin connectors i trimmed down to match the blades on the fuse. So two wires run from the fuse box instead of cutting the wire.

2011 F-250 FX4 Lariat CC SB

Flo-Pro 4" Race Pipe
No Limit Fab tunes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I think it's better just to remove the fuse
post #5 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
well whne you just remove the fuse and dont wire it up, you lose the elocker this mod allows you to lock the diff reguardless of speed as well as disable the TCS
HeavyAssault likes this.

2011 F-250 FX4 Lariat CC SB

Flo-Pro 4" Race Pipe
No Limit Fab tunes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Garage
i see this ending badly in the future. I can read the post topic now. Playing around on the dunes when my ELD went tits up and now my pumpkin is toast. The locker on this truck disables at a certain speed for a reason, sure it probably has 10-20 mph safety net. but still. If you want a true any speed locker you need to install a different diff.

Good luck to this endeavor. Now for the traction control stuff, sure pull the fuse not a problem there. or if you are under 35 just hold button down.

I guess if I wanted to play on the dunes and such i would of bought a raptor.
Bakken64 likes this.

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
3.31 ELOD 4X4 6.7 Power stroke
01/24/2017 110,000 MI
S&B CAI
SCT X4 Tuner
Running a tow tune by AMDP
( on-demand exhaust brake from the AMDP tune).LED interior,LED AUX back-up,Westin HDX grill guard,High-idle,Aux 55 Gal Transfer tank,Draw-Tite Hide-A-Hitch gooseneck,LED puddle lights.4000x2 LED lights up front for dark country roads. Access Low profile bed cover.
Roof clearance lights.
post #7 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I got stuck on wet grass & all traction control did was de-fuel the engine & left me with no power
post #8 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 01:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman41mag View Post
I got stuck on wet grass & all traction control did was de-fuel the engine & left me with no power
Ya, All Traction control is good for is pavement and from keeping idjits from throwing there back tires into a ditch or fishtailing into another lane of traffic.

Then stability brings you back in-line

01/24/2017 110,000 MI
S&B CAI
SCT X4 Tuner
( on-demand exhaust brake from the AMDP tune).LED interior,LED AUX back-up,Westin HDX grill guard,High-idle,Aux 55 Gal Transfer tank,Draw-Tite Hide-A-Hitch gooseneck,LED puddle lights.4000x2 LED lights up front for dark country roads. Access Low profile bed cover.
Roof clearance lights.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwe_060 For This Useful Post:
gunman41mag (02-27-2016)
post #9 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwe_060 View Post
i see this ending badly in the future. I can read the post topic now. Playing around on the dunes when my ELD went tits up and now my pumpkin is toast. The locker on this truck disables at a certain speed for a reason, sure it probably has 10-20 mph safety net. but still. If you want a true any speed locker you need to install a different diff.

Good luck to this endeavor. Now for the traction control stuff, sure pull the fuse not a problem there. or if you are under 35 just hold button down.

I guess if I wanted to play on the dunes and such i would of bought a raptor.
Ford doesn't disengage the locker at speeds over 20 to protect the locker. It's just part of the electronic nanny controls that have been added to protect us from ourselves.

And with Manny's truck, he can tow a stock Raptor to the dunes, destroy it in the whoops, and then tow the wreckage back to the dealer.
MrTommy and Mannysouza like this.

Carli Suspension | Pure Performance Suspension | Bilstein Shocks | Fox Shocks
Dynatrac | Flo Pro Exhaust| aFe Power | S&B | SOTA | Fuel | Air Dog | Amp Research
Trailready Wheels | Spicer | ARP | REV-X | RIGID Industries | KD Fabworks | Baja Designs

888-886-2480
post #10 of 37 Old 02-26-2016, 09:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
Ford doesn't disengage the locker at speeds over 20 to protect the locker. It's just part of the electronic nanny controls that have been added to protect us from ourselves.

And with Manny's truck, he can tow a stock Raptor to the dunes, destroy it in the whoops, and then tow the wreckage back to the dealer.

Just re-read some of my manual. So in 2wd or 4 hi it will turn off at 25+ then re-engage when it goes below 25 again, also will not engage if over 50% of pedal is applied.

Now if you are in 4 low it will stay engaged until 65 than it will disengage untill the truck reaches 56. So i guess its safe to say it is good till 65 as long as you are on LOOSE ground. Of couse your would have to be running 4k rpm in 6th to make 65 in low lol.

01/24/2017 110,000 MI
S&B CAI
SCT X4 Tuner
Roof clearance lights.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwe_060 For This Useful Post:
gunman41mag (02-27-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode