LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cobra 29 LX install in 2012 supercab

I finally got around to doing a write up and taking pictures of my Cobra 29 LX install in my 2012 F-350 Super Cab. I pulled the headrest off the center jump seat/console, aligned and drilled the CB bracket to match the spacing on the rods for the head rest, and installed 1/2 bolts. The CB bracket installs in the headrest holes. They sit perfectly and the headrest tensioner holds the radio in place firmly so the weight of the radio is not an issue. For the antenna, I used an old Radio Shack 8.5ft whip that I had mounted on a Firestik SS-194A stake-hole mount. I did modify the stake-hole mount slightly though. I took 1/8" off the left corner so it would not pinch the coaxial cable. I also didn't like the angle it was sitting due to the bed cap, so I drilled holes in the stake-pocket cap and put it in between the bottom clamp and the top part of the antenna mount to help it sit more flush with the top of the bed cap. I also drilled the screw holes on top in order to replace the pan head machine screws with a flush fitting undercut screw. I ran the 18ft fire-ring mini end coaxial cable down the front passenger side stake-pocket and the back cab mount through an unused factory grommet in the rear floor. Then I ran the coaxial through the factory hole in the carpet for the jack handle hold down and under the center seat/console to the power cord. I connected the power cord to the #3 up-fitter under the driver side dash and then connected the ground wire with a ring terminal to the same screw as the factory ground wire under the emergency break. I ran both the power and ground wires under the driver side threshold trim panel with the factory wiring harness until directly behind the driver’s seat. Then the power cord runs directly behind the driver seat and between the driver seat and center seat/console to the radio. This setup appears to be working well and getting a 1.1 to 1 on the SWR. It is talking and receiving out to 10 miles which is the furthest I've been able to test it so far.
You can see pictures of the install at https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
HLBeef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F-350 Lariat X-Cab 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4 3.55 electric locking rear axle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Taurus SHO 3.5L ECOBOOST
The Following User Says Thank You to 056oh For This Useful Post:
HLBeef (11-20-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode