P2263 Boost Maxes out, but has no power. And other errors, Please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

2Likes
  • 2 Post By PrincessHaley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-24-2020, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy P2263 Boost Maxes out, but has no power. And other errors, Please help

Hello Everyone. I just joined today, although I use this forum a lot to try and figure things out on my truck. Since I am a 23 year old girl, mechanics like to steal my money. I am trying to learn everything I can, so please, try and dumb things down for me.

I LOVE my truck. In the last 8 months though, I've had to put over $8,000 into maintenance. I really don't have a way to get out from under her, so I just have to keep fixing things as I go.

Shes a 2008 F-250 Super Duty- 6.4L Powerstroke. Crew Cab- Long bed. 130,XXX miles. I believe she is completely deleted with a straight pipe. It came with a little tuner where you can change the settings.

I had an oil leak on the back of my motor and on my mechanic said it was the turbo gaskets. So they replaced them. And there was a leak in the Hot side of my inter cooler? Because it had a hole in it. Then a month later, the oil was was leaking down the back again. So I took it to a different mechanic, because they were going to charge me $800 to replace some bolts. So I took it somewhere else, because my truck started to not have any boost anymore, and they fixed the leak for me. They said my exhaust could plug up, but it would fix itself. Truck ran fine for a few days. Then the boost would max out at 40, but my truck would still have no guts, like it used to. So I took it back, and he plugged in his computer. Said everything looked perfectly fine, all of my numbers were normal. He reset my fuel mileage? Lol sorry, I'm trying my best to remember the conversation. And we test drove it, and it ran perfect. Took it home. A week later, same issues again. And it kinda makes a chugging noise when it gets to 20 PSI. So I let off the gas because it feels like the truck is trying way too hard to get going, and it scares me. Almost as if there's way too much pressure with no where to go out. I will attach a video where you can see the turbo charge fast, but my speed is NOT increasing as it should. I am super stressed out. I asked him, and he hasn't been returning my calls or text. Then he finally responded and said " Probably need to clean your turbos or replace. Can't do much more." But I feel like we should be able to do more than that. Places I've looked said to spray some turbo cleaner into the air intake. There's a youtube video of a guy saying he just replaces the back pressure sensor with the little pipe, and it fixed his. I would rather fix something small that could solve my issues, than spending thousands of dollars I don't have. It's my daily driver, so its hard. I can try to answer any questions, or post photos or videos that can show you what you need to know. I don't know A LOT about trucks. I'm learning as I go.

All of the codes I have are here. My mechanic said not to worry about any of them, but I am worrying anyway. I plan to order the brakeswitch to try and see if thats whats wrong with that code, and the speed sensor for the back axle.
P0703- Torque converter/brakeswitch B circuit malfunction
P0500- Speed Sensor
P2263- Turbocharger performance
P0196- Engine oil temp sensor range
Attached Files
File Type: zip video-1579880729.zip (5.47 MB, 8 views)
File Type: avi video-1579880721.avi (1.50 MB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-24-2020, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,141 Times in 2,049 Posts
Mentioned: 437 Post(s)
Quoted: 3169 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Two things you should have learned from this forum.

6.4s are problem trucks and you need deep pockets.
Always, always, always find a mechanic you can trust even if you cannot afford them.

As for your problems we can probably help you, but using this forum to relay information to a mechanic and back will never work.
If you dont want to turn wrenches then you have some decisions to make.

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...-pig-poke.html

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ease-help.html

@[email protected]
@jman37
@RandomForumGuy

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #3 of 9 Old 01-24-2020, 01:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Garage
Well the oil leak you have is likely the rear main seal. It is a common issue on 6.4 trucks but isnt a huge one. Most of the time it is such a slow leak that it doesnt even drip so no one fixes it unless they are already in there.

The wheel speed sensor is the sensor going bad or the gears wearing down. I would place my money on just the sensor.

The oil code you have is likely an oil cooler clogged. You will have to have a mechanic watch the coolant and oil temp while driving to confirm this.

The turbo code is too vague to diagnose without being able to moniter the computer on the truck in person. The easiest way to tell if its the sensor is to moniter the boost and the exhaust backpressure and see what both are doing in relation to eachother. You can monitee boost on the dash but you need a tuner/moniter to see exhasut back pressure. You can buy one or a good wrenchman has one

This is also a good read for new to them 6.4 owners. It could help you along the way

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pow...e.html%3famp=1

Also sounds like your current mechanic sounds like he/she isnt fluent in powerstrokes. I would find a more specialized shop. It may cost more up front but you will save alot more in the end. If you are in California i can point you to some good shops, if not there is probably another member on here who can recommend good people. Hope this helps!

Last edited by RandomForumGuy; 01-24-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-27-2020, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Firstly, what state are you in? Some might be able to chime in to recommend a good Powerstroke shop that can help you. 2 things that stick out are is you say you "think" it's deleted because it came with a tuner, but then the mechanic said your exhaust could plug up. If it's deleted, there's no DPF to clog up, and I would think a mechanic would know that. Is there a huge canon looking thing under the bed? Or is it just exhaust pipe? What tuner came with the truck?

What is your engine coolant temp (ECT) and engine oil temp (EOT)? I'm asking since one of your codes is the oil temp sensor. It could just be the sensor, or you could have an actual problem.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
post #5 of 9 Old 01-27-2020, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
j

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
Firstly, what state are you in? Some might be able to chime in to recommend a good Powerstroke shop that can help you. 2 things that stick out are is you say you "think" it's deleted because it came with a tuner, but then the mechanic said your exhaust could plug up. If it's deleted, there's no DPF to clog up, and I would think a mechanic would know that. Is there a huge canon looking thing under the bed? Or is it just exhaust pipe? What tuner came with the truck?

What is your engine coolant temp (ECT) and engine oil temp (EOT)? I'm asking since one of your codes is the oil temp sensor. It could just be the sensor, or you could have an actual problem.

Sorry, I am having trouble figuring out how to reply on here! lol. I am in southwest Michigan. My truck has a big 5 or 6 inch pipe that comes straight from the motor, with no muffler. The tuner is called the "Punch it performance." Idk if I misheard the mechanic wrong or not, maybe he didn't say exhaust. I do not know the actual temperatures, because my little tuner doesn't show me any numbers like that. its not a nice once for sure. I know my gauge says the coolant is directly between hot and cold. I'm sorry if I am not much help! Im trying, lol
post #6 of 9 Old 01-27-2020, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomForumGuy View Post
Well the oil leak you have is likely the rear main seal. It is a common issue on 6.4 trucks but isnt a huge one. Most of the time it is such a slow leak that it doesnt even drip so no one fixes it unless they are already in there.

The wheel speed sensor is the sensor going bad or the gears wearing down. I would place my money on just the sensor.

The oil code you have is likely an oil cooler clogged. You will have to have a mechanic watch the coolant and oil temp while driving to confirm this.

The turbo code is too vague to diagnose without being able to moniter the computer on the truck in person. The easiest way to tell if its the sensor is to moniter the boost and the exhaust backpressure and see what both are doing in relation to eachother. You can monitee boost on the dash but you need a tuner/moniter to see exhasut back pressure. You can buy one or a good wrenchman has one

This is also a good read for new to them 6.4 owners. It could help you along the way

Also sounds like your current mechanic sounds like he/she isnt fluent in powerstrokes. I would find a more specialized shop. It may cost more up front but you will save alot more in the end. If you are in California i can point you to some good shops, if not there is probably another member on here who can recommend good people. Hope this helps!

Yeah, my step dad told me the same thing about the seal. I am hoping a lot of it is the sensors. But the Turbo just isn't right, so I bet it isn't just the sensor. It really has so little power when the turbo charges. Do you recommend any good monitors/tuners for good prices? What should those numbers be at?My mechanic is supposedly specialized in powerstrokes, he has a 6.0 thats big and deleted and most of the trucks he sees are 6.4 and 6.0 powerstrokes. That should've been my first indication not to get a 6.4. Thank you soooooo much for helping out. I'm not super fluent in truck talk, but I am trying my best.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-27-2020, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
Two things you should have learned from this forum.

6.4s are problem trucks and you need deep pockets.
Always, always, always find a mechanic you can trust even if you cannot afford them.

As for your problems we can probably help you, but using this forum to relay information to a mechanic and back will never work.
If you dont want to turn wrenches then you have some decisions to make.

@[email protected]
@jman37
@RandomForumGuy

Unfortunately, I am finding that out as I go. And I do NOT have deep pockets. Lol. A lot of people recommended me this truck, but I am thinking I should have just ran with a Gas truck, even though I love my diesel, I dont use her like she's made to be used. I am learning that diesels aren't good daily drivers for short distances with no weight attached. I will read up on those though!! I have no issues fixing things on it myself, but its when I need to lift the cab, or drop the motor or transmission, I can't do those things myself. And so far this truck has needed work done that needs the cab pulled a lot. Thank you for your help!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 01-27-2020, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Garage
I personally never heard of punch it performance. H&s is the go to tuner around here with spartan a close second. They run about 550 for the first and 700 ish for the latter. You will need to return your truck to the stock program before tuning it with another device
post #9 of 9 Old 01-27-2020, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well for the time being, you can buy a $20 OBD bluetooth adapter, and buy a $5 app called forscan lite for your phone. That should get you set up with reading codes on your own and being able to pull temps and data.

Your turbo issue might be your EBP sensor.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in