6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck shutting off....

So Iíll give you a brief rundown, over the past 2 months my truck has shut off 3 times, each time driving 45-55 mph. Truck would seem to go into a limp mode for a few seconds then completely shut off. After sitting for 5 or so minutes truck will restart and drive like nothing happened.

- First time it happened truck gave a ďspeed sensorĒ code, mechanic replaced sensor on rear differential which seemed to fix the problem. Few days prior my abs / Traction control lights came on briefly and my speedometer was fluctuating also

- Drove the truck problem free for several weeks when the truck shut off again. I called my mechanic and told him I was dropping it off the following day. The truck shut off again on my way there.

- When I dropped the truck off the second time it didnít throw any codes and my mechanic has been driving it for 2 weeks and canít get the issue to reappear.

At this point heís unsure of whatís causing this problem. He mentioned it could possibly be my tuning? If anybody has ever experienced this problem or has advice on possible causes Iíd appreciate any help? Thanks

2009 F350 4x4
Tuned and Deleted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2019, 08:46 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The speed sensor should have nothing todo with the engine running -- that said, you should look at the harness by the rear axle for worn spots -- possible the "hot" side of the sensor is shorting and causing the issue -- many of the sensors share a common voltage source from the pcm

Possibly getting the truck in the right twist is what is needed, and your driver is not doing the same things as you

Intermittent electrical problems are the hardest to figure out for sure

In my defense, I was unsupervised
2006 F250 Lariat FX4 cclb
Torque Pro and OBDLink MX bluetooth monitor
General note:
For all those wanting a premium silicone sealer Kubota 70000-73764 is the best your gonna find. This is a hybrid gray silicone that uses solvent rather than acid to start the curing reaction, this makes it safe for aluminum and and any surface that involves coolant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hydro For This Useful Post:
Goosekiller (11-24-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode