6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-20-2019, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil leak pcv valve??

So I have been dealing with the small oil leak for some time now start at all just a few drips sometimes not at all I can park it at work on the dirt and they only had one little drip I park it on my concrete driveway at home and there's a lot more than one drip!! I have crawled underneath there several times everything's wet so I need to clean it down worried it was a bed plate or maybe even the oil pan seal it's not coming from the front but it's coming from the passenger side last night when I pulled in the driveway I noticed I had a few drips from pulling in got underneath their passenger side of the vehicle by the crankcase I guess they call it a PCV valve or a drain back the small pipe that comes down and it ends with a 90-degree elbow with a couple clamps on it looks like it's rubber or plastic and it's dripping from there not from above that I can tell right where the pipe goes into the elbow before it goes into the crankcase I have seen the whole pipe online for sale but I am heard that it is a pain in the *** to change it all so my question is has anybody had this issue and if so can you just change that elbow out?? Just going off of my normal luck with this truck could it be from something else that's causing it to leak just kind of poking around seeing what ideas I can come up with before I get into it never hurts to have some added info!! Just FYI I have searched this site before to see if I could find a topic that's already been on it so I wasn't bothering people I have found a few but never went into detail or more than two responses so I figured maybe I would try again thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-20-2019, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thought I would attach a couple pics maybe that would help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sep_hose2_e7b03fcb7f22ad2dddb097b88088a2e4bbe3ac7e_1568988948294.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	723345   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190920_091348_1568988968745.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	723347  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode