Collant Temps, Fan Stays on, t-stats won't open? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-21-2019, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Collant Temps, Fan Stays on, t-stats won't open?

So I've got a 6.4 with full deletes. Including EGR coolers removed. Single turbo, and tunes.
Back in November I replaced the radiator and tstats with stock temp mishimotos. I tried doing the full 2 part flush with the fleetguard solution but my fan never turned off and coolant never got above 190 even w the tstats out. Even now when its 96 degrees outside according to my XCT my coolant temps never get above 190 or so, EOT gets as high as 212 sometimes. And my fan still never turns off. My question is this. How do I diagnose the fan clutch? It turns with the engine off so Im assuming its not seized up. IF its not seized up. Would a faulty fan clutch cause it to engage as soon as any electrical signal gets to it regardless of coolant temps? Or is this definitely the symptom of faulty wiring? Also, is the temp low because my tstats wont open or is it the other way around? I did replace the coolant temp sensor about 2 years ago when I did a bunch of other work so i feel fairly confident it's not that. Also right now Im using a Delvac ELC diluted probably about 60/40 with distilled water.
TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode