Help Tuning flash no crank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Help Tuning flash no crank

Greetings,

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. I have a 6.4 2008 I just bought it a few months ago. it was heavily moded. DPF delete no bongs, egr delete, S&B Intake, and 5" exhaust. It ran great until I put scan gauge 2 on it. I think somehow it erased the flash. so there are no EGT hooked to the exhaust. It seems to have reverted back to stock. Terribly slow and the shift points are at high RPM it seems the first two gears ( of course Im used to the flash program). I bought a SCT X4 tuner. I am getting KEM to send a program. This is a daily driver for work. Am I on the right track? To start I am having to hot wire. So every time I need to start I have to pop the hood. One more thing right before I turned my truck off and this problem started the A/C stopped working. ( I don't know if that has anything to do with it.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There's a lot going on in your post. For starters, a ScanGauge won't erase a tune, so, you have something else going on.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Well if it went back to stock it will need reflashed by the dealer to truly put a new tune on it. It may act like stock but may have some “left overs” from the previous tune that won’t allow the new tuner to do its thing. I would start with getting it truly flashed back to stock then trying loading a new tune on a fix some issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have checked all the fuses and relays. One more thing I ran the scan gauge with out fully programing it. I bought it use so it was running the old cars string. It still showed the temps and read the trouble code. I had a bad glow plug #8 replaced that then left the scan gauge on it drove to a store then tried to start and nothing.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Currently I have not tried to flash with sct x4. I am getting that tomorrow is this the right thing to do? I do not want to go to the stealership lol
post #6 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Apparently KEM wont program dpf delete for registered vehicles. If you want a tune from KEM tell them it is off road and not registered I found a SCT 3015R on ebay I bought it I guess I can hot wire for a few days. funny thing is it is not spitting and codes out.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
If you need a stock tune send me a pm, and Iíll let you know who to contact. Itís $25 versus the triple digit amount the dealer charges. Load it on your sct as a stock file and youíre good to go.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-22-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Update!!!!!!!!

Received the 3015 R tuner in the mail. Tuned the truck and it started right up and the A/C worked again! Now it runs just like before. I did not have to go back to stock first. Just tuned input dpf delete and no egr. DO NOT PUT A SCAN GUAGE ON YOUR TRUCK!!!! I think when I cleared the codes with scan gauge it clear the tune. Hope this will help anyone.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the same thing happen to my son's f350, he wanted to delete it like mine but spartan is not option anymore so he got a sct. I fought it for two weeks with new tunes from sct everything before I went brain dead and tuned it like my dashdaq and didn't use the sct instructions. After that everything worked until you clear codes and the pcm runs a diagnostic, then it's a brick. So I had a moment and thought what if I treated it like my dashdaq and guess what? Now everything is fine again.on our if you clear the codes and turn off the key between clearing codes and starting it it will brick it. To fix the brick, I cleared the code and didn't turn off the key like it said on the screen. Its repeatable in my driveway. Hope this helps if you cleared your code sand get strained.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode