Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ac Blower Motor Question

861 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  candrews 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas went to look at a truck its a 2009 6.4. The heater works but the Ac doesn’t blow cold the lady is telling me it’s a bad blower motor could the the heater work and Ac not blow cold on a bad blower motor ?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Same blower for AC and heat -- you hear the blower and feel air coming out the vents? = good blower

if the air volume out the vents changes as you move the temp from heat to cold -- then one of the cores(heat or AC) may have junk on it(mouse nest, leaves)

When you change the temp setting, the air path changes(blend door) so the sound may change some, but the air volume should be about the same

Likely the AC system is low on Freon

Gonna have todo some checking and observation -- depends on your skill level what the cost will be
you could use this as bargaining leverage

Reactions: 6.4StrokeRod
#5 ·
If you really want the truck. Check the A/C fuse first. If that is good I would suggest to do a youtube search on adding freon to the system. You can purchase a can of freon with a gauge at your local auto parts store for a reasonable price. Once you start the truck with the A/C turned on high open the can valve(make sure you bleed the air out of the hose before you hook it up), as the freon enters the system the compressor should turn on if in fact low freon is the problem. I do not think it is the blower, if the compressor does not turn on it is most likely a bad compressor. Good luck
The 6.4 has a bad rap and well deserved if it is used for city driving with high idle hours and lack of maintenance, reliable severe duty maintenance with recommended oil and motorcraft filters and mostly highway driving seems best for this powerhouse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.