Radio wiring diagram - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilxter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2018, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radio wiring diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the radio. I want to install an after market radio but I am having a hard time piecing together the right plug and play harness. On the back of the factory radio I have 3 plugs. 24pin, 16pin, and 8pin connections. I know the 24pin is the main connection and the 8pin is for the sub. What is the 16pin? Most aftermarket harness do not include that 16pin connection. SIDE NOTE my factory radio will not turn on without that 16 pin connected, will I have the same problem with an aftermarket radio? There are also canbus harness's that include that 16pin harness however, I believe my vehicle doesn't have canbus, but I am not 100 percent sure on that, one person says I do the next says I don't. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08f3fiddy View Post
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the radio. I want to install an after market radio but I am having a hard time piecing together the right plug and play harness. On the back of the factory radio I have 3 plugs. 24pin, 16pin, and 8pin connections. I know the 24pin is the main connection and the 8pin is for the sub. What is the 16pin? Most aftermarket harness do not include that 16pin connection. SIDE NOTE my factory radio will not turn on without that 16 pin connected, will I have the same problem with an aftermarket radio? There are also canbus harness's that include that 16pin harness however, I believe my vehicle doesn't have canbus, but I am not 100 percent sure on that, one person says I do the next says I don't. Any help?
Bumbing an old thread: I have the same need. So far I have gathered that the 16-pin is (at least some of the wires) CAN and at least two wires are connected to the steering wheel remote. Having a hard time getting that to work on a new aftermarket Sony (XAV AX-100), even with a ”universal” SWC-plug-in(?) connector.
Everything else works.
For 2008 F-250 with no screen nor amp/sub for the OEM radio.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wiring a new radio + steering wheel control + reverse signal

Replying to myself and perhaps to someone planning to replace the factory wormbox with a proper headunit. Make your life much, oh-so-much easier with a correct wiring harness. For my truck this is the correct oneAC Audio RP4-FD11. Needs soldering to the headunit harness, but otherwise it is a total plug’n play and everything that is supposed to work, works.

I tried the cheap way first (”universal steering wheel remote harness”, USD 90) and ended up getting the much more expensive harness anyway (approx. USD 170) as the ”universal” did not work. I did not calculate how much was shelled out for beer during the try&error-installation - probably a lot.

Hopefully this weekend I have time to dive under the truck to find a suitable route for the backup camera wire. The reverse signal comes from the CAN-BUS harness (16-pin) and that also works already (except for ”no signal from camera” as it is not connected yet).
According to youtube it is possible to hardwire the reverse wire from the fusebox also, but this is way more convenient...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilxter For This Useful Post:
ZMANN (08-23-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-23-2019, 05:57 AM

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,749 Posts
Mentioned: 691 Post(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
thanks for the update
I prefer the ASWC-1 https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/ASWC-1

over the PAC units myself. most aftermarket head I have dealt with have a steering wheel input port so you may not have to do any soldering to the deck wires

the 12volt.com is my fav place for wiring schematics and install help

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-26-2019, 08:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was looking at that same harness first, but went with the P A C Audio - harness, because it comes with three plugs which match the trucks harness plugs —> no need to try and find the reverse gear signal.
Had to do a bit more soldering than in a ”normal” installation, because I added the amplifier at the same time. =)
ZMANN likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode