Alpine roof mount dvd not working No power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-31-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alpine roof mount dvd not working No power

Hello all,
I bought this 08 King Ranch crew cab w/sunroof from a dealership and was told the roof mount dvd didn't work. I dropped the unit and bench tested just fine. Checked the wiring from the roof and no power. I installed a Pioneer in dash dvd and would like to hook them together. The wires from the roof are a yellow for constant power, a red for keyed power, a purple for the dome light, and a ground. There are 2 sets of video/audio red/white/yellow RCA cables for video in and out as well. By looking above the headliner at the sunroof, I can see the wires heading to the passenger side post between the doors. I can't find them from there. pulled the sill plastic,A pillar plastic and just can't find these wires. The RCA cables are the 3 in 1 type and there are two of them so should be pretty easy to find. I really do not want to drop the headliner to figure this out. Any help as to where the wires are would be great. I did pull the stereo again and confirmed there are no RCA wires anywhere that I can find. I also checked for continuity between the roof wires and the 16 pin connector at the stereo.for power and nothing
Thanks for looking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-31-2018, 06:25 PM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quoted: 3913 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they could be anyplace since the video is non OEM they are located however the aftermarket installer ran them

it may be much easier to run new wires and that is possible without dropping the headliner

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode