Light Switch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RandomForumGuy
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-23-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Light Switch

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody has a solution to my issue with my light switch. All the functions work except the off function. When I switch to "0" the all the lights ( headlights, marker lights, and parking lights) stay on. Do any of you know what I would need to do to get it working correctly or do I need to replace the switch?

Just in case this info is needed: 2008 K/R 4x4 F350 CC 100k miles.

Not related:

Any recommendations on where to get replacement clearance lights for the dually fenders?

Thank you all
lopealle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
RandomForumGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,147
Thanks: 2
Thanked 83 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very interesting problem.... im not an electrician or am i smart enough to even pretend i am but it should be either the relay or the switch itself.

For the side note if you want oem i usually get some good deals on ebay, otherwise there is this awesome dealer on here named @Sunrisefordparts and he/she can hook you up. If you want aftermarket smoked ones recon is a good brand as well
Sunrisefordparts likes this.
RandomForumGuy is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 PM
Premium Member

 
3054tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 3,143
Thanks: 70
Thanked 208 Times in 192 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just another opinion, could be a region thing. Some places require daytime running lights

04 f250 sold.
3054tony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 03-24-2018, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
lopealle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomForumGuy View Post
Very interesting problem.... im not an electrician or am i smart enough to even pretend i am but it should be either the relay or the switch itself.

For the side note if you want oem i usually get some good deals on ebay, otherwise there is this awesome dealer on here named @Sunrisefordparts and he/she can hook you up. If you want aftermarket smoked ones recon is a good brand as well
Where would I start as far as the relay goes? I'll have to look into Sunrise Ford for the marker lights. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3054tony View Post
Just another opinion, could be a region thing. Some places require daytime running lights
I thought DRL too, but there are no lights on during the day. I would like to be able to turn them off manually at night. They are auto on.
lopealle is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,333
Thanks: 36
Thanked 165 Times in 161 Posts
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopealle View Post
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody has a solution to my issue with my light switch. All the functions work except the off function. When I switch to "0" the all the lights ( headlights, marker lights, and parking lights) stay on. Do any of you know what I would need to do to get it working correctly or do I need to replace the switch?

Just in case this info is needed: 2008 K/R 4x4 F350 CC 100k miles.

Not related:

Any recommendations on where to get replacement clearance lights for the dually fenders?

Thank you all
clearance lights run
amber: List $24.00ea sell for $17.28ea
red: List $27.82ea sell for $20.03ea
quote # 523430
thanks,
Sean
Sunrisefordparts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome