LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 Old 12-24-2019, 06:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpgottabuh View Post
I decided to just flush it by opening the bottom valve on the driver side of the radiator then choosing and filling up with water and running to temp with the heater on to them repeat until clear. T
You are essentially only draining the radiator each time. The engine still has a LOT of coolant in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Oil Burner
CCLB Lariat Ultimate, 10k, Plow Package.
Mods have begun: 2wd Valance, Bully Dog GT, smoked lenses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 12-24-2019, 11:51 AM

Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,790 Posts
Mentioned: 723 Post(s)
Quoted: 4020 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjorgis5569 View Post
Contrary to the warning labels, you arenít going to suffer any negative consequences. Do the tongue test. Itís good for more than just finding voltage.

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 Old 12-25-2019, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
After determining if the "red" is truly transmission fluid or rust, after letting a sample sit, highly recommend reviewing NYLYONS write-up on various flush methods to meet your needs. Additionally, I followed ZMANN's suggestion of using liquid Cascade dishwasher detergent with Dawn, a couple years ago in my 6.0 nearing 195K (orig EGR cooler and OEM headstuds) and running the truck for a week, then dropping and flushing with about 24 gallons of distilled water (avg 3+ gallons each flush cycle). High idle mod speeds flush cycles vice driving, only needing about 10 mins each time. As stated earlier, drop the lower radiator hose and at least a block drain on driver side. NYLONS writeup also highlights reverse flushing the heater core, EGR cooler, and radiator - important steps prior to using cascade blend to push any sediments out that have collected in system. Maintained a 7-9 degree delta from initial flush converting to ELC-1 around 150K and as mentioned, for preventive maintenance and peace of mind.

- Will
2006 F350 CC SB - 130k to 207k "Sold"

2017 F350 CC LB - All Stock / Nitto Terra Grappler G2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 Old 12-26-2019, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a pain, but you should put in Fumoto valves on both the driver's side and passenger side to make this flushing process easier. The passenger side requires that you remove the starter. It's not hard but it is tight. I put in clear plastic hoses from the Fumoto valves to not get coolant/water all over me when flushing.
Hydro likes this.
post #15 of 15 Old 01-08-2020, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you guys for all of your input. I'm ordering the funoto valves and will be installing then soon. I also purchased an coolant filter. And I believe I'll be buying an oem oil cooler as well due to the result after my finish.

So finally, I was starting to get clear water coming out with some (what appeared to be) rust or small particles of gunk. I kept flushing and then did about 5 flushes with distilled water. I ended up changing out the thermostat and I'm now getting about a 25-30 degree delta. From what I've read, outed definitely time for a new oil cooler. Anyone have any input with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode