6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Speedo gauge

Hey guys, got an interesting one for ya. The other day my speedo stopped reading correctly. At 0mph it reads 55 and rolling at 40 it reads off the gauge.
I know it’s not the sensor for the speedo itself, because I have a digital speedo that reads out from my tuner that reads correctly(verified it with gps). All the other gauges appear to be in working order.
Any solutions? Where should I be looking? I’ve heard of the gauge cluster going bad, but usually it’s more than one thing.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 435 Post(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
search is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...4dUDCAs&uact=5

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #3 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 435 Post(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
glad to help.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 12:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Here is another possibility ( haven't tried it, just saw it posted a few years ago):

If you want to fix the problem read on. I have one of the 06 problem speedometers in my truck. There is a TSB on these speedometers. The backing warps and hangs up the needle. The computer senses something is wrong and makes adjustments. Mine has been up to 50mph faster then the real speed I was doing.

Pull the cover off of the dash starting on the drivers side door. You don't need any tools, it just clips in there. Lower your steering wheel to the lowest setting. Pull the clip off of the headlight switch and work your way over to the radio. Pull all of the heater control clips, and the power outlet.

Remove the 4 bolts, and unclip the two clips from the top of the instrument panel. Remove the clear plastic cover over the gauges. Place the gauges on a nice flat surface like a desk. Look at the face of the instrument panel. I could see where the black center cap was scraping on the face. You have to look carefully.

I do not think the needle comes off of the panel unless you somehow remove the black cap, which I believe is glued on. So here is what I did. Take a thin piece of cardboard and a piece of 220 grit sand paper. The cardboard protects the face. Work the cardboard and sandpaper under the black cap. Press down on the needle softly and sand the back side of the black center cap. I sanded about 1/8th of an inch off of mine.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode