1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 11-23-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with ICP/Ipr numbers. No power

So I am getting my truck back together. Long story short, bought a none running 2005 6.0. Would start after lots of cranking, and leak oil everywhere. Pulled cab, found out someone tried to do a bulletproof repair, put it together half-*** and sold truck. Tore it all down did the bullet proof repair, and oil over air conversion w/ remote oil filter when it was apart. Got it all back together and still long crank and no power. ICP is reading 1500 at idle and IPR is 85 when cranking but drops to 40 when it starts. Base oil pressure is good, did a complete oil pump w/ cover replacement. All parts I have added are either OEM or bulletproof. Dummy plugs and stand pipes are new. The HPOP has had the update. What am I missing here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 11-23-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also FICM never gets below 48 volts, can a ficm go bad and still show good voltage?
post #3 of 29 Old 11-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairTrigger View Post
Also FICM never gets below 48 volts, can a ficm go bad and still show good voltage?
Yes. It has a logic board that can go bad.

Your ICP at idle seems high. You may have a bad ICP sensor. You need to look at ICP sensor voltage w/ KOEO, when cranking, and at idle.

With all the work you describe, sometimes some very minor contamination can reach the IPR valve and cause you to have low pressure in the high-pressure oil system. You can pull the IPR valve and inspect.

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 11-23-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Yes. It has a logic board that can go bad.

Your ICP at idle seems high. You may have a bad ICP sensor. You need to look at ICP sensor voltage w/ KOEO, when cranking, and at idle.

With all the work you describe, sometimes some very minor contamination can reach the IPR valve and cause you to have low pressure in the high-pressure oil system. You can pull the IPR valve and inspect.
ICP is new OEM, voltage was good. IPR screen was dirty but not damaged. Cleaned and reinstalled. Still no change at all. All cylinders were balanced when I ran the KOER test using the auto ingenuity reader. How do I test the FICM logic board. Thanks for the ideas.
post #5 of 29 Old 11-24-2019, 03:20 AM

I don't know how to test the logic board as an owner. If you think it might be an issue, then send it in to FICMRepair.com.

IPR commanded duty cycle of 40 when idling means you have an issue - probably a leak (assuming that the IPR valve is 100% fine). I would get all the readings when the engine has been fully warmed up.

KOEO readings, cranking readings, and readings at idle for:
ICP pressure
ICP volts
IPR % duty cycle
FICM MPower
FICM VPower
FICMLPower

Mark
06 F250CC SB FX4 Lariat; ARP studs; OEM gaskets; Banks exhaust; DynaTrac Ball joints; RACCCV6000; JimmiJammers; Ravelco; SynchroMax in trans case; Fumoto valves; Harpooned; Blue regulator spring; DashDAQ; PHP FICM; RiffRaff boots; DCPower 270AXP; Power Inverter; Bilstein shocks; BPD EGR cooler, radiator, water pump; SCT w/ SRL+; Rotella ELC Ultra Coolant; X2Power AGM batteries
No-start thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 Old 11-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Love all, Trust a Few...

Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Honestly sounds like ipr has trash in the spool. Given what you’re describing. If you unplug icp and let it default to 33% will it stay running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@loxdce
post #7 of 29 Old 11-26-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoxDiesel View Post
Honestly sounds like ipr has trash in the spool. Given what you’re describing. If you unplug icp and let it default to 33% will it stay running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does not. Wont start when its unplugged. I am getting the IPR air hose tomorrow, to check for leaks. I am going to do a bunch of testing tomorrow to see what numbers I can come up with. I still have to check fuel pressure again, and do the leak test again. Right now I have the batteries charging, which are brand new, so they will be ready to go. Keeping fingures crossed. Really want to get this up and going.
post #8 of 29 Old 11-27-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK, no leaks that I can hear. Fuel pressure is 50psi with key on and pump running. As soon as the pump stops it drops to zero quick. Is that a problem? ICP is at .2 volts with KOEO. IPR screen is clean, and no debris inside when I tested the plunger. It moved freely, and was clean. What else should I check before I swap out the FICM? Once I open it there is no returning it, and I hate to use it if it isnt needed.
post #9 of 29 Old 11-27-2019, 07:04 PM

It is normal for fuel pressure to drop quickly when the key is turned off.

Mark
No-start thread:

Last edited by bismic; 11-27-2019 at 07:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bismic For This Useful Post:
HairTrigger (11-27-2019)
post #10 of 29 Old 11-27-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

OK, thanks. I guess I will try the FICM. I pulled the cat to make sure it had no clogs, and the pipe is covered in yellow sludge, anyone seen that before? It was after the cat. I planned on completely replacing the exhaust, might do that sooner than later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode